Elmos - Data Model Developer
The data model developer has a crucial role in enabling the business to derive value from our regional Cloud based platform for data and information management by designing and maintaining the Unified Data Model and realizing the business logic which turns collected data into business information offered to key user with friendly information tools.
- Is overall responsible for managing the Unified Data Model
- Develops OLAP/tabular cubes containing a variety of (enriched) data as ingredient and reflecting business logic and KPI's.
- Warrants the consistent growth of the data model
- Foresees all relevant technical documentation related to the databases, ETL processes, stored procedures, etc. and ensures that they can be created in an automated manner
- Implements the security governance in the data assets
- Aligns with the other technical team members and in particular the data engineer to configure performance and backups of the vault.
- Reports to the Regional Head Data Management and the Program Manager.
- Education: Master degree or equivalent through experience
- At least 5 years of experience in MS SQL Server, SSIS/SSAS, MS Data Tools, Stored Procedures, Microsoft Azure Services, PowerBI - excellent knowledge of database technology and tools
- Very experienced in handling MS databases On Premise and in the Cloud
- Knowledge of Data Vault is an asset
- Microsoft certification is an asset
- Preferably knowledge in a specific functional domain such as finance or sales
- Languages: Strong command of English and Dutch, both spoken and written
- Data infrastructure: Logical/physical data modelling, database design/optimization/administration, data integration/migration, master data/meta data management
- Data understanding: Data quality analysis and testing, data mapping from business requirements collection and exploration of data
- Data preparation: ETL activities, data cleaning, fusion, augmentation, feature engineering
- Deployment: Data Warehouse architecture, DevOps, API/interface development
- Visualization: Graphical design and presentation skills, dashboards or storyboard development, BI Reporting
- Data Platform: Familiar with the Azure services and understand the concept of a data platform which connects different sources, collects & unifies data and produces Enterprise certified assets such as business tabular cubes
- Disciplined and organized, with a strong sense of ownership and ability to work under pressure
- Self-driven, proactive, able to work independently as well as in teams
- Ability to multi-task and meet deadlines within a fast paced, changing environment
- Motivated to work with new technologies