Elmos - Workplace Engineer
The Workplace Engineer reports to the Team Lead Security, Risk & Infra Support who reports to Manager IT Operations.
The Workplace Engineer will actively contribute to the workplace integration activities ('One Work-place') and is responsible for the Wps components, can deliver (technical) support and can challenge on technical and/or functional details, quotes, usage, documentation, etc.
Furthermore the Workplace Engineer will provide support to the Wps Application Leader in regards to workplace operational activities.
- Workplace builds and Office Software, as delivered.
- VDI environment (Access and configuration).
- Local Back-end (local fileserver, AD, SCCM, profiles, ...).
- Cloud solutions: Office365 (Mail), SharePoint, Onedrive, InTune.
- Application packaging and SCCM (Flexera)
- Front-end software licensing.
- Remote Access VPN.
- Citrix environment.
- AD integration.
- Liaison for IAM and UAM specific for onboarding of employees.
- The Workplace Engineer executes the following tasks:
- Plan and organize testing and adaptation of applications to become W10 and O365 ready.
- Propose actions/solutions for the new target workplace environment.
- Support distribution of workstations (laptops) to employees.
- Preparing and migrating Lotus Notes mailboxes to O365.
- Migrating Lotus Notes applications used to another platform or solution.
- Migrating personal and shared group file folders to another platform or solution.
- Migrating printer back-end to another solution.
- Responsible for post-migration care.
- Responsible for up to date Wps documentation, work instructions and CMDB information during and after migration.
- Responsible for updating the Wps Bcp/DRP plans and organize execution after migration.
- Solving (or assist in solving) of migration related incidents and problems.
- Supporting the Wps Application Leader in operational activities induced by the migration.
- You are flexible, have no 9-to-5 attitude and willing to achieve an extra mile when required.
- Delivers management information to the Team Leader or the Manager “IT Operations”.
- Active contribution to other Integration streams having impact on the workplace environment.
- A Master degree in Computer Science or equivalent.
- 5 years of relevant experience in the workplace domain.
- Proven experience in several workplace integration and/or migration projects.
- Experience with Office365 (technical, security & risk).
- Experience with AD, Citrix, SCCM, profiles, scripting and remote Access solutions (VPN).
- Technical experience with mail back-end and mail routing.
- Technical experience with fileservers, including synchronization and backup.
- In depth knowledge of Security & Risk related items in regards to Wps.
- Experience with working in project mode.
- Strong written and verbal skills and a very good knowledge of English and Dutch/French.
- Customer focused.
- Able to work independently.
- Action and result oriented.
- Well organized.
- A problem solver in the workplace domain.
- A good communicator.
- Able to speak the language of the “user”.