Euroclear - Application Engineer (IBM Mainframe Platform)
The GBS (Group Business Solution) division ensures the competitiveness of Euroclear by delivering reliable and sustainable IT solutions for the financial securities markets.
Within GBS, you will join the Settlement and Banking roadmap team where you can play a key role in the development of applications for Euroclear Bank.
We are looking for an experienced Application Engineer (IBM Mainframe Platform).
- We look for a professional who is intrigued by IT and the financial world.
- A motivated person eager to continuously increase knowledge on technical and business aspects
- An application engineer that enjoys turning challenging business and technical requirements into realistic and maintainable IT solutions.
- Your role involves working closely with colleagues in different domains or external suppliers to find the optimal, customer-centric solution. Customer focus, problem solving and an analytical mindset belong to your strongest skills.
- Once the solutions are designed, we count on you to supervise and coach the implementation teams so that the delivery goes as per design and per plan.
- You will, based on your extensive experience, provide guidance to team so that sustainable, operable and maintainable solutions are delivered.
- You are willing to take ownership of the delivered solutions. In that context you are not afraid to perform hands-on interventions or provide support to ensure the uptime of the applications.
- As application owner you see it as your role to define future roadmap of activities to be performed to keep the solutions (Hardware & Software) up to date.
- You have a bachelor or master degree in IT and at least 3 years of experience in a similar role
- You have knowledge of Mainframe technology (DB2 DBMS, M-queues)
- You are looking for a varied and challenging job that lets you fulfil your sense of responsibility and accountability.
- You are interested in the business services delivered by a leading market infrastructure
- You are used to analyse applications and to learn and work on complex systems
- You have a good algorithmic thinking skills
- You are self-motivated, autonomous, problem oriented and able to make high-quality solutions considering the available means.
- You are able to work and establish good working relations in a dynamic, multi-cultural and challenging environment. (experience with offshore delivery is a plus)
- You are flexible, pro-active, structured and have excellent communication skills
- You have a thorough experience in coaching people.
- You have an excellent knowledge of English. Knowledge of Dutch or French is a plus
Please apply via the button below
In this role you will be asked to perform periodic daylight and overnight production support ?
Euroclear recruits people from all walks of life. Our 3,500 employees represent 89 nationalities, of which over 50% are women. We are deeply convinced that diversity of talents, backgrounds and opinions is a key to success, by fostering engagement, energy and innovation. We are committed to promoting diversity within the organisation, as well as an inclusive environment where everyone can be themselves, feels valued and respected, regardless of their background.