Context of the position
We work closely together with a company in Brussels which is not only market leader in their industry, but also an innovative company where the human aspect is central.
The IT department has more than 400 employees and belongs to the core of activities of the company. The most innovative projects are managed well by their great ambitious IT department.
Within the IT department, the Service Management team ensures compliance in terms of management and quality of applications, services and platforms for internal and external customers.
Currently this team is looking for a Junior Application Owner to permanently strengthen their internal team. This concerns a permanent internal employee-based position with a direct CDI/ Contract Onbepaalde Duur on their own payroll.
For this position, our client is open to recent bachelor/master graduates in IT with a good level of knowledge of at least one development language (such as Java, C#, ...) and with a good analytical mindset. All the necessary training to be fully ready for this position, will be provided on the job.
This IT starter position as junior application owner is a very versatile IT position (which includes functional analysis, project coordination, incident management, problem management, ...) in a multi-disciplinary team (collaborating with developers, application architects, DevOps, business teams, ...) with the following responsibilities
- The Junior Application Owner contributes to the overall quality of the IT applications . He/She ensures that IT application services are available, performant and have enough capacity. To this end, he/she analyses and understands the current situations and contexts (functional and non-functional). He identifies gaps and weaknesses and proposes improvements in line with strategy, cost and urgency.
- The Junior Application Owner fulfils a bridge role located precisely between the developers and the operational business teams - it helps to close the gap between the different posts. In this position, the junior application owner will need to make sure that the developed applications are meeting the needs of the business. The application owner will also need to gather the needs of the business and translate their needs into functional/technical requirements for the developers to develop new features.
- The Junior Application Owner will work closely with the DevOps infrastructure team by complementing the basic activities of DevOps, such as the continuous delivery and automation of the infrastructures.
- The Application Owner must be able to participate proactively and as quickly as possible in discussions with DevOps. He/she also works closely with the architects to understand and question the architectural concepts and configurations.
- The junior application Owner also needs to identify the system's weaknesses and proposes solutions to these problems before they turn into major incidents.
The perfect candidate can be describes as following
- You have a Master in IT
- Experience would be considered a plus
- Fluent spoken level in English and a fluent spoken level in one of the national languages (either Dutch or French)
- Excellent development knowledge (Java, C#, ...) through your education/ school projects + a very basic knowledge of infrastructure
- Passion for innovative technology
- Team spirit
- Good communication and analytical skills
Our client offers you
- A fascinating job with a focus on your talent development
- Professional growth and guidance opportunities: a welcome day, on-the-job coaching and a wide range of training courses, focussing on internal mobility, innovative and digital transformation projects.
- Being part of their 'New Way of Working' methodology: self-managing, meeting all kinds of colleagues at your flexible workplace, working partly from home and organizing your day yourself.
- An employer who cares about your well-being, focused on prevention: through countless sports opportunities, their ergonomic office furniture, focus on healthy, tasty and varied lunches, check ups, vaccinations, psycho-social guidance.
- A salary package with a direct internal CDI/ Contract Onbepaalde Duur on their payroll that excels in the market: In addition to your gross salary, you choose, according to your needs, from the attractive extra-legal benefits in their cafeteria plan and enjoy the full reimbursement home-work process, interesting discounts on all their products and with a competitive and comprehensive insurance package!
The interview process
The interview process consists out of 2-3 interview rounds. Before the first interview, you will receive an interview preparation meeting with all the necessary information and tips to help you excel during the interview process.
Interested to learn more about this opportunity?
Don't hesitate and apply now via the button below.