Since several years, we work together with a very nice company in the city center of Brussels.
They are active in the financial industry.
What sets them apart from other companies (in and outside their industry) is their great company culture with excellent work-life balance benefits.
They like to share with each other positivity, enthusiasm, knowledge, new idea's, quality and open communication with flat hierarchy mindset.
Once you are in contact with the people of this organization, you will notice that they like to take care of the needs of their clients and the needs of their employees (flexible hours, possibility for remote work, nice fringe benefits, internal mobility,...).
Last year the company noticed that they need to invest more in digitalization to stay interesting and relevant for their clients.
Therefore they would like to launch a lot of new projects that will lead the company in the digital era.
To lead a team of functional analysts, our client is searching for a Teamleader with hands-on experience in functional analysis (preferably in a .NET environment).
The company develops their own applications in a Microsoft environment (C#, VB.NET, ...) and currently they are implementing Robotic Process Automation (UiPath) technology.
The general scope of this position:
As Teamleader, you will receive the responsibility to lead a team of functional analysts for a specific business domain in the financial industry.
This involves the following responsibilities managing, prioritizing, supervising and coordinating the delivery activities of your team.
Hands-on experience in functional analysis is still very important. Since you will be expected to hands-on participate in the functional analysis activities of the team as an expert in functional analysis.
Key responsibilities and challenges
- You will receive the opportunity to create an environment in which your team can reach its full potential and has the necessary confidence to assume its responsibilities.
- You will receive the autonomy to define your team's objectives and priorities on a daily basis, closely monitoring achievements, assessing performance and providing constructive feedback.
- Within the insurance industry, you and your team focuses on understanding the Business Line's strategy for its domain.
- Maintaining a close relationship with the stakeholders of the Business Line is vital in this position.
- You will be expected to examine the impact of the plan on the delivery team (recruitment, sourcing, training) and report its recommendations to the CTO Office and the Business Stakeholder Manager.
- You will receive the autonomy to manage the relations with the external suppliers within the scope and coordinates with the Business Stakeholder Manager, as far as the new needs are concerned.
- The optimal allocation of your team's resources to the validated projects in portfolio management (including the pre-project phases) is entrusted to you.
- The organization trusts on your expertise for delivering solutions that meet the needs of the company and the Business Line - through projects or evolutionary maintenance activities - within the allocated budget for Change.
- Overseeing the activities - contribution to planning, design/specification, development, integration, testing, development, documentation and training - of your team are part of your scope. Also ensuring that solutions are delivered in accordance with expected costs, deadlines, scope and quality level are entrusted to you.
Do you recognize yourself in the following profile description?
- University degree or equivalent by experience.
- Fluency in French and/or Dutch, both oral and written.
- At least 3 years experience in team management.
- At least 5 years experience in Business/Functional Analysis
- Experience in the financial industry is considered a great advantage
- Excellent understanding of and practical experience with the software development lifecycle (software delivery lifecycle) is required.
- Soft skills:
- Is result-oriented and knows how to mobilize and motivate a team.
- Likes to work in a team, is willing to listen and invests in the development of others (colleagues and team members) to achieve common goals.
- Can ask for help and feedback. Can also give feedback. Is curious and looks for innovation opportunities in his field.
- Is able to determine the priorities of his team based on the priorities of the portfolio on the one hand and the questions of the project leaders or the operational constraints on the other hand.
The great offer from our client
- You will become part of their typical and specific company culture: employees and former employees appreciate the positive atmosphere and pleasant collegial way of working
- You will work in their beautifull buildings full of character in the heart of Brussels, at the Grand Place, easily accessible by public transport (train, métro, bus), the Central Station is at a walk of a few minutes
- You will receive an internal contract of unfixed duration on the direct payroll of our client as internal employee. Moreover, you can count on an interesting salary package with extra-legal benefits such as meal vouchers and insurances, and, as an appreciation for your work, various tailor-made bonuses
- You will have the opportunity to further develop your skills and knowledge thanks to our wide range of training courses
- Our client attaches great importance to a good work-life balance for its employees
in short, a job at our client = Workplace happiness insured!
The efficient interview process
- Our client likes to be very efficient.
- They would like to organize only one interview round with all the hiring managers together in one room to discuss openly this position, the company and your professional interests with you.
- Before the interview at our client, we will prepare you with all the necessary information, so you will be ready for the interview.
Interested to learn more about this opportunity?
Do not hesitate and apply now via the button below!