- Works with internal teams to obtain an in-depth understanding of the product and the documentation requirements.
- Analyzes existing content, challenges quality of the content focusing on reuse and single-sourcing opportunities.
- Produces high-quality documentation that meets applicable standards and is appropriate for its intended audience.
- Consolidates documentation, ensuring full coverage for various audiences.
- Reviews documentation written by other staff members.
- Creates and maintains the information infrastructure (tools, versions, indexation, maintenance processes) to maximize accuracy, Access and usage of information.
- Apply your writing abilities to improve content at all levels of the product chain: user interfaces, messages, developer, analyst, end-user, administration, marketing and commercial documents.
Primary Skills and Attributes
- Team player.
- Good listener.
- Communicates precisely, accurately and with clarity.
- Able to quickly grasp complex technical concepts and make them easily understandable using the appropriate material.
- Analytic mind & eager to learn (a lot of time will be spent in analyzing documents, discussions with other people).
- Proven experience with writing technical documentation is required.
- Excellent oral and written skills in English are a must.
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio). Knowledge of other authoring/publishing tools is an asset.
- Working experience with Microsoft SharePoint and Atlassian Confluence Wiki is an asset.
- Good understanding of complex software applications concepts.
- Basic familiarity with software development lifecycle
- Produces high-quality documentation that contributes to the overall success of our products.
- Works in collaboration with Business Analysts Core Product, Technicians, Product Managers, and Product Consultants to make our products easier to use.
- Ensures product documentation is accurate and up-to-date and easily accessible.
- Bachelor's degree or the equivalent combination of education, training, or work experience.
- Proven working experience in technical writing of software documentation (developer's manuals, API documentation, user manuals, training material).