We are hiring a first line Service Desk Agent for the European Commission based in Brussels.
You will be responsible to take end-user problems into your own hands. You are expected to give a high-level of customer service to end-users who need your assistance.
You will be responsible for the following tasks:
- Answers calls within stated time guidelines.
- Analyses and interprets client inquiries to ascertain and solve issues.
- Provides accurate and creative solutions to client problems meeting all pre defined quality measurements.
- Escalates calls within stated guidelines.
- Provides information, advice or instruction in response to client inquiries.
- Provides a high degree of client satisfaction in all work undertaken.
- Receives and records client inquiries and processes paperwork/systems relevant to client queries. Complete documentation is required.
- Liaises internally to enable client queries to be answered and problems solved.
- Resolves incident using remote control tools or on-site.
- Monitors progress of incident resolution within agreed service levels and keeps users informed.
- Installs and configures PC environments.
- Ideally an educational background in IT
- Knowledge of all-round IT (Office, Windows, Hardware, etc)
- Experience with ticketing systems (HP Service Center, etc)
- Able to work in an international and multicultural environment
- A team player with strong communication skills
- Knowledge/experience of ITIL is a plus
- Motivated to learn
- Eager to help
- Follows procedures
- Soft Skills:
- Fluent in both English and in French
- Strong communications skills