- We are hiring an Application Support Agent for the European Commission.
- You will be part of our Application support team at the Directorate General for Health and Food Safety (DG Sante). Within DG Sante's portfolio, you will be responsible for the support of the following systems:
- Rasff system (Rapid Alert System for Food and Feed);
- Aac AA (Administrative Assistance & Cooperation System for Administrative Assistance);
- Aac Ff (Administrative Assistance & Cooperation System for Food Fraud);
- Your main tasks will fall within three areas:
- Application Support: you will answer any question regarding the system and where possible provide the solution or perform a follow-up on issues;
- Data Analysis: you will work within the Rasff Team and the Food Fraud Team, supporting the analysis and compiling data from the applications;
- Trainings: you will provide training and assistance to the users of the applications.
- You will be the first point of contact for all questions and you will ensure and perform all communication with the end-users;
- You will analyse, compile and correlate data between the systems;
- You will provide services to all the applications stakeholders according to ITIL best practices using an IT Service management application to handle and document all requests;
- You will ensure the follow-up of incident/issue tickets and attempt to resolve them;
- You will maintain an Faq and document all relevant info;
- You will perform tests on new releases of the application.
- Very good oral and written communication skills in English (another language is a plus)
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite (particularly Excel, Word and Power Point)
- Team player
- Strong analytical, problem solving and learning skills
- General Knowledge of EU institutions and DG Sante activities linked with Rasff and Food Fraud
Location: European Commission, Directorate General for Health and Food Safety, Brussels.