We are hiring a network engineer for the European Parliament in Brussels.
You will be responsible for the following tasks:
- In coordination with the Network Desing Team, Network engineer is responsible for implementing, maintaining, supporting and operating communication networks within the European Parliament.
- The Network Engineer work internally as part of the IT Network Team to ensure the integrity of high availability network infrastructure to provide maximum performance for the users.
- Troubleshoot, perform root cause analysis and identify Networkrelatedproblems within the following domains : LAN, WAN, ToIP, WiFi
- The network is divided in several security zones (LAN, DMZ) across different sites and countries
- The Network consists of Cisco Routers/switches, Firewalls, ISE, ACS.
- Participate in team collaboration to share on engineering efforts, technical challenges and breakthroughs
- Candidates for this position should be willing to perform shift work rotation (2 shifts from 7am to 8pm and Participate in 24/7 oncall rotation, major incidents and reviews (postmorterms)
- Work with vendors and team members to troubleshoot issues related to the operations (Problem management)
- Ensure assets are updated promptly in CMDB (Asset Management)
- Experience : Minimum 3 years of experience
- CCNP Routing/Switching or equivalent knowledge
- Advanced Linux skill (RedHat)
- Programming skill C, C++
- Scripting skills (Python, Bourne Shell, Perl, PHP , TCL/SH)
- CCNA Collaboration
- Languages: French and English