We are hiring an User Documentation Writer for the European Commission
- Writing of user documentation for various applications accessible for different audiences;
- Perform revision, proofreading and editorial quality checks of existing content;
- Rewrite technical contents in a clear and concise style:
- Deliver tailor-made contents for the target audience ;
- Comply with the defined terminology rules and document quality requirements;
- Prepare illustrations to complement technical writing;
- Keep any user manuals, FAQ, wikis and information dashboards up-to-date by documenting all requests;
- Prepare eLearning material and support training material;
- Liaising with Consortium staff management, on-site technical staff and EU officials;
- Writing scenarios/storiesfor video content and preparing the videos;
- Act as first contact point for business users related questions.
- Good knowledge of digital environment;
- Excellent copywriting skills;
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite; particularly Excel and Word;
- Knowledge of the Adobe suite (such as Illustrator, InDesign and Photoshop);
- Very good oral and written communication skills in English. Knowledge of additional languages is a plus;
- Strong aptitude for team work and the capacity to work autonomously;
- Strong analytical, problem solving and learning skills;
- Excellent customer service skills;
- Ability to deal with stress situations;
- Meticulous attention to detail and accuracy;
- General knowledge of EU institutions;
- Able to work in an international and multicultural environment.
- Preferred academic background: communications/information technology, journalism and other related studies.
- At least 2 years of professional experience with tasks closely related to those described above.
- Knowledge of/or experience in ITIL environment.
- Knowledge of EU Policy on food safety and health.
- Knowledge of Graphic Design and Print Industry.