One of our top clients, an organisation in the financial sector, is looking for a network security consultant in Brussels
Network security consultant
- For all the products and technologies in the network security domain (Firewalls, IDS/IPS, Web-proxy AO):
- Contribute to the definition of the RACI for all tasks in the area of “standard and policies”, 'day-2-day operations”, “access management”, “product management” and “recertification”.
- According to the defined RACI, perform the tasks assigned to the 'network security operations” team.
- Depending on the domain and product these tasks can include:
- Check the compliance of the configuration and implementation against defined technical security standards and product baselines.
- Day-2-day configuration updates to implement customer change requests following the formal change process.
- Work together with other technical teams on 'operational incident responses'.
- As the process owner, initiate any configuration review/recertification process and work with the other stakeholders (business and technical) to periodically review product configurations and implementation to validate the accuracy and correctness.
- KPI delivery to report on the execution of these tasks
Required skills for this position
- At least 5 years of relevant experience in IT security.
- A strong technical background of the technologies and infrastructure solutions for the following security domains:
- Web proxy (preferable technical experience for Cisco Web Security Appliance S670)
- IDS/IPS (preferable experience with Cisco Firepower)
- Firewalls (CheckPoint and Palo Alto)
- Network security management tools: Algosec product suite and vendor specific implementation tools (like Panorama, Cisco ISA, Cisco Csma AO.)
- Sufficient business and management stakeholder engagement.
Details of the opportunity
- Start date: ASAP
- Project length: > 6 months
- Hours per week: 40
- Location: Brussels
Apply now for this freelance/interim position
Are you our new network security consultant? Apply now online or speak to a consultant in the engineering team about this project or similar projects in engineering. You can contact us via the button below.