- We are looking for a Senior Java Developer to join our development team and help us build Immoweb's future.
- As part of a multi-cultural scrum team made of senior Java developers collaborating with front-end developers working on a variety of technologies, your primary focuses will be to analyze business requirements, develop and maintain backend services, API and integration in a Microservices environment according to specifications. Realize technical analysis on how to improve our platforms on various topics (such as billing engines, indexing and caching mechanisms, real time notifications, global performance of the platform, ...), define best/optimized architecture in line with the needs and company's vision, provide recommendations to the team.
- Your main duties will be to analyze business and/or technical requirements defined by the product owner or Architects and define the best strategy and architecture to achieve the goals with a focus on performance, scalability and maintainability of our platform; write clean/top quality code, covered with tests, according to best practices and coding guidelines; document your developments; give feedback and be part of our code review process; work on improving the software quality & processes.
- You will work closely with the Architects, Product Owner and all other team members to make sure we deliver on time what has been committed for the sprint.
What we need from you
- At least 7 years' experience writing Java enterprise-level applications.
- Familiar with commonly used frameworks and libraries (Java 8, Spring Framework, Spring Boot/Cloud) with strong interest in reactive extensions like RxJava, event driven architecture apart from standard APIs and utils..
- Knowledge of Jersey, Spring-rest, Apache CXF, Swagger or other REST framework and RESTful principles.
- Deep knowledge of testing principles, libraries (mock, unit tests, integration tests), code quality analysis, design and automation.
- Strong knowledge in automation, containerization, deployment orchestration, effectively building a continuous delivery pipeline for the services.
- DevOps culture. Build, own and operate services through its entire lifecycle.
- Knowledge of Spring batch is a plus.
- Rigorous coding practices when it comes to using Git, write tests, refactor code, finish what you started.
- Familiar with GoF design patterns and good Java code design principles.
- Strong analytical/architectural skills are required; experience as an architect is a plus.
- Knowledge of server side scripting languages like NodeJS TypeScript is a plus.
- Good knowledge of open source relational (MySQL/ PostgreSQL/Maria db/...) and No-SQL (MongoDB, Elastic) database technologies
- Willing to learn new technologies documentation and make your skills evolve.
- Excellent communication skills. Fluent English is required.
- Previous experience with scrum methodology is required.
- Experience working with Cloud based technologies is a plus.
... aside from “hard” skills we're looking for “real passion”, and the will to reinvent our job every day and build a bright future for our company. We'll count on you to take ownership of your work and communicate with everyone to get the job done.
A professional and stimulating working environment
Opportunity for personal development in line with business growth
Rich and acknowledged e-business expertise
If you want to be part of a company in full expansion in Brussels (Forest), please send your application letter and cv via the button below.