We are looking for a Senior System Engineer to join our IT Infrastructure team and help us building Immoweb's future.
Your main tasks will be
- To manage and improve the ICT infrastructure of the Datacenter
- To be a major key player in the development of big projects
- To Analyze and propose solutions to help the IT team to achieve ITS goals
- To help Infrastructure team to migrate the on-premise Infrastructure to AWS Cloud-based infrastructure
Day to day work contains
- Installation & configuration, Support and maintenance of the servers
- Automatization of environment deployment via scripting
- Management and configuration of the active network components (switches, load balancers,..) for the datacenter.
- Management and configuration of the Firewall and therefore responsible for the general security of the network
- Management and configuration of monitoring systems, including availability and capacity management,
- Management of the backup and recovery systems
- Creation and update accurate system documentation
- Follow-up of technical problems with our business units, developers, external partners and providers
- Setting up and testing DRP scenarios
- Degree in computer science (or equivalent by experience)
- 8+ years of experience as a system engineer (web environment is a plus)
- Strong verbal and written communication skills in English (required), and either Dutch or French.
- The candidate must be able to write technical documentation in English
- Customer focus: provide high quality of service
- Able to work as a team member with a flexible attitude and in an organized way
- Respect and follow procedures
- Strong focus on delivering projects on time
- Able to organize your work among several priorities
- Sporadically willing to work outside business hours
- Having Cloud-based systems affinities
- Able to work in an Agile environment
- Willingness to learn new technologies and facing challenges
- Willingness to Support and train Junior members if needs be.
- Strong experience in configuring and managing Microsoft Windows Server 2008 and above; including IIS, DFS and automation (Powershell scripting).
- Strong experience in administering Windows Active Directory 2008 (or above), GPO, DNS.
- Proven experience in administering TCP/IP networks equipment (switch & Firewall), including: VPN, VLAN, routing etc. Cisco nexus, Fortinet and WatchGuard Firewall products is a plus
- Strong knowledge in the virtualization technology VMware. Knowledge in orchestrator is a plus.
- Good knowledge in understanding and managing SAN, Lun'S and iSCSI connection. Knowledge in Dell Equallogic is a plus.
- Good knowledge of backup/restore management software.
- Knowledge with Arcserv, veeam or Backup Exec software is a plus
- Knowledge in installing and configuring Tomcat is a plus
- Knowledge of SQL Server 2008 or above is a plus
- Knowledge of public Cloud services (like AWS, Azure, Google,...) is a plus
- Good skills in writing technical and non-technical documentation
A professional and stimulating working environment
Rich and acknowledged e-business expertise
Healthy, growing internet business (unique digital brand in Belgium)
If you want to be part of a company in full expansion in Brussels (Forest), please send your application letter and CV via the button below.