Your role & work environment
The feature engineer is a key player in the cooperation between IT and Business stakeholders. You drive to make complex changes happen within and across Tribes. Your holistic view as well as your knowledge of both Business and IT are crucial in the translation of business requirements in a sequence that delivers customer value as early as possible. You define and align the roadmaps between squads - from same or different Tribes - and other parts of the organization and thoroughly manage dependencies.
You will be part of the Assisted Channels Tribe, a cross-border tribe spanning teams within Be and NL. As a tribe, we deliver and maintain excellent employee and customer systems and processes to enable customer and employee journey's in all assisted channels. We own and build face2face and remote interaction IT systems and processes on top of the omnichannel platform. We also set requirements and provide in depth knowledge and expertise from an employee perspective. And last but not least we develop and manage the Roadmap and Strategy for all our assets.
Your key responsibilities
Ensure delivery (planning, reporting, co-ordination, dependencies management):
- From a strategic business & IT context you deliver more detailed implementation roadmaps. You can slice and refine these roadmaps until the level of concrete user stories. You manage the size and complexity of features and stories during refinement and planning. During execution you ensure reporting and follow-up.
- You identify and manage risks and potential issues and offer improvements across teams
- Together with relevant stakeholders (Infra, Architects, EPIC Owners, Product Owners), you manage the priority of features with a strong MVP (Minimum Viable Product) mindset. You assign the features (and underlying user stories) to the relevant squads and lead the accurate feature definition and estimation. You clarify the definition of done together with the product owner(s).
Breakdown business requirements into features and user stories:
- You develop features and user stories in an interactive way, aligned with the delivery heartbeat of the squads within your domain.
- You are able to translate new product and service needs into required IT solutions and IT infrastructure. You are able to grasp business opportunities from new technology solutions. You think and act globally.
- You follow the market and know what is going on both inside and outside ING. From your understanding of the latest developments in the Business and Technology, you propose structural improvements aimed at moving your domain - processes and applications - closer to target solutions to offer an industry-leading customer experience.
Making things happen by collaboration
- You are comfortable with collaboration and reaching out across Tribes and functional borders and serve as liaison when needed. You easily connect and align stakeholders within all levels of the ING organization, from IT Lead to IT and Infra engineer and from Tribe Lead to internal ING user, all with the ING customer journey in mind.
- You are able to implement changes in an end-to-end context covering all functional and non-functional aspects in close collaboration with multiple teams, including IT infrastructure dependencies. Therefore you demonstrate understanding of IT concepts and have significant knowledge of the IT landscape
In close collaboration with architects and infra engineers you make architectural concepts and designs actionable. You guide and challenge IT engineers when making implementation choices.
We look for
- A colleague with a talent for taking it on and making it happen, enthusiasm for helping others to be successful and a knack for always being a step ahead. In other words, you strive to bring fresh ideas to life and embrace challenges in a fast changing and complex environment.
- You are a naturally collaborative person who listens and invests in others to achieve common goals.
- You love to challenge the status quo and are eager to propose creative solutions to problems.
- As a Feature Engineer you will also need:
- Problem solving skills to find creative ways of driving progress and removing impediments
- A master degree in IT (Engineering) or equal by experience
- 5 Years of experience in IT as a Project Manager/Functional Analyst/Architect etc. having a good knowledge of the IT infrastructure domain
- Experience working in a complex and challenging IT environment
- Experience with Agile way of working
- A teamplayer with a 'make it happen' mentality, eager to learn and ability to coach others
- Good communication skills (in English), strong communication and presentation skills (telling - selling) across different skill and seniority levels
We offer you
A clear purpose, a unique offer and a range of flexible compensation and other benefits:
- Personal growth & challenging work with endless opportunities to realise your ambitions
- An informal, dynamic environment with innovative colleagues supporting your endeavours
- A progressive and Agile way of working, where new ideas are valued ahead of convention
Furthermore, within the Assisted Channels Tribe department, you can count on a range of opportunities to invest in your personal and professional growth with:
- Working in a international context
- Working within and being part of the roll-out of the next generation of the ING A Cash & Devices environments
- Access to online and class room trainings, conferences, etc...
We redefine banking. What about you?
There has never been a more interesting time to work at ING. We're on a journey that's centred around our customers, powered by technology and driven by smart, determined people. Our customers feel our people are empowering them to stay a step ahead in life and in business. We're proud of that!