We are looking for a
Senior Java Development Specialist (M/F)
- The Senior Java Development Specialist resource will contribute to the evolution of the components and the required integration with other systems.
- Furthermore he/she will participate to the technical analysis, documentation, implementation, integration, test and early life support of core software tools and assets produced in the context of the e-Parliament Program. The resource will regularly and periodically report his/her work.
- Follows a non-exhaustive list of activities:
- Analysis & Design
- Unit and Integration testing
- Assistance to functional testing
- Creation and update of technical and functional documentation
- Early-Life production support and maintenance
- Development and deployment of patches, workaround and evolutions
- Handover of activity to other teams
- Preparation of handover material (documents and presentations)
- Training & coaching
- Preparation and conduction of handover workshops
- Open Source
- Implement an open source strategy and design.
- Between 4 and 7 years of proven knowledge of web, Java (7 or 8) and J2EE related technologies
- Proven experience developing with Spring and Spring MVC is mandatory
- Proven experience developing with Hibernate is mandatory
- Knowledge of Angular (2 or 4) is an asset
- Technical experience in the domain of XML
- Proven experience in Service Oriented Architecture and related technologies
- Proven knowledge of Web services technologies (Rest/SOAP)
- Capability to work in autonomy and to schedule different activities
- Capability to work in a team
- Capability to draft documentation and technical specifications in particular
- Good communication skills
- Result oriented
- A Master degree in Computer Science
- Good command in English and (if possible but not mandatory) in French.
- Proven knowledge on XML schemas
- Proven experience in continuous integration and team software development related tools
- The following is considered an advantage:
- Proven knowledge of UML modelling
- Proven experience in Relational Databases design
- Proven experience on XML
- Proven knowledge of the European Parliament technical environment
- Proven knowledge of the European Parliament organizational environment
- The candidate will work in Brussels with AD-hoc missions in Luxembourg.
We propose a permanent contract of employee (with Expat conditions if you are working for the first time in Belgium) or a contract of Freelancer.