MISSION iStorm is a Belgian IT & New Media recruitment agency, specialised in placing IT & New Media professionals in permanent roles across Belgium and Luxembourg. iStorm also helps companies to maximise their recruitment efficiency through the use of new web technologies and social media.
HISTORY The agency has been created by experts in IT & Social Media recruitment with over 15 years experience in the most respected IT recruitment companies. Next to their outstanding professional network, our consultants have proven competences and experience in their vertical field of expertise.
CANDIDATES iStorm is an officially registered recruitment agency in Flanders, Brussels and Wallonia. As such, we never send out any CVs before having fully presented both our client and the job content to candidates. Due to our specialization and our consultant's experience, we have an in-depth understanding of technical positions, and can advise our candidates in all areas, including salary negotiation.
iStorm - IP NOC Specialist (Ref. 11102017-04)
International industry player
Role & Context
- IP NOC (Network Operation Centre) Organisation and Information Management
- Supervision of IP Networks
- Act as single point of contact for IP Network requests
- Configuration and Maintenance requests
- Scope and complexity of tasks will be matched to the profile and experience, and can evolve over time
- Consult and verify the information and alarms provided by the management systems and Network nodes of the different technologies: routing/switching (Cisco), loadbalancing (F5), Firewalls (Checkpoint, Palo Alto), Authentication (Cisco ISE), IP address management, DHCP, DNS (Infoblox), VPN Concentrators (Cisco), ...
- Act as single point of contact for IP Network requests (changes, new requests, failure reports, request for info, ...),
- Implement/solve as much as possible requests in close collaboration with other colleagues of the team,
- Hw installation/replacement, staging and configuration in administrative sites and data centres,
- First level troubleshooting and correlation of events,
- Close collaboration with Senior Network architects for more complex problems,
- Implementation of work-arounds,
- Dispatching and follow-up of problems,
- Dispatching and follow-up of problems with vendors of different technologies and service providers.
- Share experience in oral and written form with other colleagues via on the job training, workshops and written procedures,
- Keep inventories in management systems, Excel lists and Visio drawings up to date,
- Participate actively to operation and maintenance improvements.
- Bachelor's degree in electronics, ICT or telecommunications, or have equivalent technical experience in this field,
- Must have an all-round practical and operational knowledge of IP Networks and their management in multi-site environments and data centres: switches, routers, load balancers, authentication engines, firewalls, DHCP/DNS appliances...
- Must have already a few years of experience as an IP NOC Helpdesk Officer,
- Must have experience with configuration and trouble shooting of Cisco switches and routers,
- Must have experience with firewalling technology,
- Must be willing to continuously refine and broaden his technical knowledge of IP Networks and their management,
- Needs to be able to work independently and methodically, have a sense of responsibility and can assess risks accurately,
- Needs to be customer-oriented and cope well with stress,
- Trilingual NL/FR/En
4-month freelance mission (extendable)