My client is a global leader in commercial real estate services.
The Site Services Support Engineer will be a member of the European Site Services Team and thus will be responsible for ongoing 1st and 2nd Line support of Local Office Systems, including application support for core desktop and mobile applications. Further escalation should be addressed to the EMEA 3rd line Teams.
Responsibilities will include desk side support, administration, installation, 2nd line support, response to incidents and requests escalated from the Global IT Service Desk, installations & moves, etc... This requires occasional travel to other offices in Belgium and Luxembourg in support of the IT infrastructure.
The Site Services Support Engineer should also proactively engage with the business on Technology matters, including hosting workshop sessions to highlight technology offerings.
- Administration - Incident Management
- Coaching and leading the desk side support engineer
- Installation and configuration of system components and software within the local Desktop Infrastructure
- User administration and user right management in a MS Windows environment
- Monitoring and administration of network resources from a Desktop Engineer Perspective like adding shared printers, network drives, laptops, Smartphones
- Ensure that incidents are logged, handled and resolved at 2nd level in a timely manner
- Escalate issues to 3rd line support as and when necessary and to external service providers where appropriate
- Support 3rd line Teams locally on EMEA-wide roll-outs and Technology Projects as well as taking over remote-hands responsibilities
- Excellent command of written/verbal English, Dutch and French
- ITIL Foundation
- Microsoft Certified (e.g. MCDST)
Knowledge & Experience
- Minimum a first IT infrastructure support experience, both general desk side support and supporting custom solutions
- Knowledge of Windows environment
- Demonstrated success in delivering projects on time, on budget and per client expectations
- Strong customer service, interpersonal and presentational skills, with the ability to communicate technical issues effectively to users
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills with the ability to follow an incident or problem through to resolution
- Ability to manage time and multiple priorities and projects/initiatives simultaneous escalating where appropriate
- Ability to continually upgrade Business and technology skills to adapt to new technology management and working practices
- An attractive salary with a company car and extra benefits
- A challenging job in a nice environment
- Career opportunities