Montreal Associates looking for a Hybrid IT Architect to support the business in achieving its strategic objectives.
The primary responsibilities are
- lead the creation of multi-technology solutions across business and service unit level in presales activities;
- use your expertise to participate in design and implementation of technical Hybrid IT projects and act as technical advisor to our clients;
- serve as a recognised subject matter expert and thought leader with deep expertise in Hybrid IT infrastructure.
What you will do
After an initial familiarization with my client methodologies and approaches, the Hybrid IT Architect should be capable in presales phase:
- lead, together with specialized subject matter colleagues or third parties, the creation of complex solutions covering all aspects of infrastructure IT components considering my client, methodologies and frameworks;
- participate, as technical coordinator between all involved parties, in the answer of complex RFI, RFQ and/or RFP including typically multiple technologies and/or Lines of Business;
- guarantee the global technical coherency of proposed solutions;
- provide input to allow the creation and justification of complex business cases and/or customized pricing models;
- participate actively in the presentation of proposals, and be able to justify internally and/or in a client-facing meeting the choices made for a solution;
- define specifications and requirements to allow the smooth execution of proofs of concept and perform an active follow-up of them;
- stay aware of latest IT technology trends and my client portfolio evolution to be able to integrate them with critical eyes into client solution.
The Architect should be capable in the scope of consulting mission to
- engage in missions to analyse a client technical data centre/Cloud/Hybrid environment and produce technical recommendations for improvement and innovation;
- produce detailed technical design documents to match the solution design on areas related to Hybrid IT environments as well as provide detailed technical steps needed (roadmap) to move to the final solution;
- take the full responsibility as technical lead for the development and implementation of complex technical solutions (executed in virtual teams) acting as a bridge between client, engineers, consultants and project managers cross technologies and lines of business;
- act as a technical advisor fulfilling the role of a single point of contact and advocate the client internally;
- steer and assist delivery colleagues in successful implementation of system solutions;
- actively participate in the enhancement of my client knowledge database through the writing of use cases, creation of generic BluePrints and templates, definition of additional best practices,....;
- assist account managers and sale specialists during technical discussions with clients.
What we are looking for
- You have minimum a Bachelor in ICT (Master strongly preferred) and relevant industry leader certifications such as Cisco, Microsoft, VMware, EMC, AWS.
- You have at least 7 years of professional technical experience in data centre and/or Cloud solutions or related business within large scale technology services environment.
- You have strong knowledge of industry technologies and willingness to further maintain and broaden this knowledge.
- French or Dutch is your mother tongue and you have good verbal and written knowledge of the other language as well as English.
- Be a recognized expert in a least one of the following domains and have a good overall awareness of the others :
- network virtualization, Switching, routing technologies as well as load balancing and security.
- server Hardware including converged and hyper-converged solutions.
- Storage Hardware (SAN - NAS - Object Storage) and Fibre Channel integration.
- virtualization technologies including VMware and Microsoft capabilities.
- public Cloud solutions like AWS and/or Azure
- Possess good knowledge to integrate technologies mentioned above combined with automation, disaster recovery and Hybrid use cases.
- Possess proven client engagement experiences.
- Demonstrate strong professional documentation and writing skills.
- Possess a strong personal initiative and a sense for innovation, to identify efficient and competitive solutions to our clients' needs, as well as new types of engagements and solutions.