Montreal Associates is looking for an SQL Server Database Administrator for a client based in Brussels.
- Your main responsibility is to provide technical support for the database environment including overseeing the development and organization of the databases, assessment and implementation of new technologies, and providing Information Technology with a long-term perspective on the database technology to the business opportunities facing the company.
- Your main focus will be that on-line processing database systems offer the highest reliability and performance possible.
- Together with your colleagues you will work to achieve a state-of-the-art environment that meets current and future business objectives.
After an internal training period about our products and services, you will be a SQL Server DBA allowing you to
- Develop a methodology for the ongoing assessment of database performance and the identification of problem areas.
- Develop a security scheme for the database environment, as well as assisting in disaster recovery if necessary.
- Providing leadership during the development and enhancement of production applications including working with applications, technical support and operations during the design, development and implementation of applications.
- Work with vendors in evaluating and implementing new technologies.
- Be able to identify which latest trends and technologies might have fit with our environment and its requirements
- Empower standardization in our environment and perform automation of operational tasks where possible
- Take the availability, integrity, security & recoverability of the client infrastructure as a personal objective, assure it is compliant with our business requirements and SLA and propose solutions/evolutions to improve this objective
- Perform project related to our environment with a focus on increasing performance, availability and scalability of our infrastructure
- Monitor security and system events and take appropriate action in case of incident including taking part in the off-hours monitoring rotation of the environment
- Provide reporting (daily/monthly/yearly) on our infrastructure performance and be able to perform proactive trend-analysis and growth forecasting based on indicators given by your management
Challenges offered by our business environment
- Ensuring the compliance of our infrastructure with the highest level of security imposed by our sensitive business activities and industry standards
- Sizing the infrastructure while foreseeing the growth of the number of transactions processed by our payment services platform (>50% yearly) and of the number of services provided,
- Planning the capacity of our infrastructure for the next 3 years, under specific and complex constraints, to sustain unattended and sudden peaks of transactions (Web ticketing sales, online donation, e-Commerce limited-in-time promotions,...)
- Keeping our platform constantly up-to-date while respecting the 'zero down-time' expectations of our worldwide spread customer base, tolerating no 'system maintenance' even during night or week-end.
- For this challenging IT function, we need a talented and passionate DBA whose curiosity for technology drives him to polyvalence.
- Higher education in IT/Engineering or equivalent by experience
- At least 6-7 years of experience in IT
- Last 3 years spent as DBA in the operational management and evolution of an IT infrastructure in a mission critical environment with 24/7/365 availability requirements
- English + French or Dutch is a plus
- A proven experience in the following areas, with a stronger focus on Database Administration
- Database Administration:
- SQL Server 2005/2008/2012/2016 (Operational matters and maintenance Clustering, Replication, Logshipping, AlwaysOn, SSRS, SSIS, SSAS, T-SQL developing...)
- Knowledge of enterprise Storage systems. Able to perform Storage performance testing.
- Performance tuning on SQL servers
- Networking and Security:
- General networking (TCP/IP, DNS, HTTP/S, SMTP, FTP, tunneling)
- Firewall and VPN (CheckPoint)
- Virtualization (VMware ESX)
- MS Windows Server (2008/2008R2/Windows 2012 R2 core) and Active Directory administration
- PowerShell scripting skills:
- Backup/restore and assorted operations
Security minded and, ideally, already involved in the implementation of security standards (PCI-DSS, ISO)Practical experience working with an IT Service Management framework like ITIL
- Mature and accountable
- Strong analytical skills, problem solving ability and stress resistant capability
- Thorough, methodical and business minded
- Used to work in project context, to propose realistic plannings and respect them
As a member of our young and dynamic team you will be offered
- A challenging function in a fast growing company, leader on its market in Belgium and one of the key players at European level
- To work in an international context and with complex products
- The opportunity to develop your skills by joining a young and motivated team
- A salary package related to your experience and results (including extra legal advantages)
- Regular feedback via a company-wide appraisal initiative with focus on personal objectives, personal growth, short and long term career goals.
- Location : Brussels
- Duration : Permanent
- Starting date : ASAP
- Reference: Lval - 38646
If you are interested by this position - you can send your updated CV via the button below.