Department: Global Content Protection - Motion Picture Association (Mpa) Europe, Middle East and Africa (EMEA)
Location: Brussels, Belgium
Who We Are
We are a trade association representing the six major American film studios (i.e. Paramount Pictures Corporation, Sony Pictures Entertainment Inc., Twentieth Century Fox Film Corporation, Universal City Studios Llc, Warner Bros. Entertainment Inc., and Walt Disney Studios Motion Pictures). Its content protection department is charged with protecting the film, video and television products of its members against illegal duplication, distribution and sale.
- Under the direction of the EMEA Regional Director, the Internet Investigator is primarily responsible for monitoring, investigating and reporting on copyright infringements. Including conducting online forensic analysis, identifying trends including, technological developments and user behaviours.
- The ideal candidate will have the ability to think creatively and through investigation, distil key intelligence and data points that will inform a global Internet strategy and protect the motion picture and television industry's business initiatives.
- Candidates must be a self-starter with a demonstrated ability to work independently and as part of a team to deliver professional results on short deadlines amidst shifting priorities while remaining poised. They also should be detailed-oriented, and able to communicate effectively orally and in writing. Advanced work ethic and creative problem solving skills including the ability to work well with minimal supervision and guidance are essential.
- We require a team player who has the utmost moral and ethical character to support the department as well as the global team and to implement sound strategies that will benefit the motion picture industry today and tomorrow.
- Assist the EMEA Regional Director in contributing to and executing a global Internet strategy.
- Initiate and conduct global investigations of Internet targets in cooperation with global content protection offices; notably the development and execution of investigative tactics in order to identify individuals engaged in content infringement.
- Monitor, investigate, record and report on copyright infringement occurring online via established and emerging content distribution technologies.
- Conduct detailed analysis of online content, including reviewing technical infrastructure of online platforms and sites.
- Engage in in-depth Osint investigations of high priority targets.
- Monitor, investigate and report on infringement occurring online via established and emerging content distribution technologies.
- Create, develop and/or revise business processes and applications to aid in the streamlining of Internet Intelligence activities.
- Present, both orally and in writing, well-reasoned and comprehensive reports to senior management at Mpa, its member studios, legal teams and law enforcement.
Education and Experience Requirements
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science (or related).
- Educational background and/or prior employment experience (1-2 years) in an online investigative/technical/research role.
- Working knowledge of the relationships between ISPS, domain names, Whois, IP addresses, and hosting providers and internet governance.
- Knowledge of content distribution and file-sharing technologies, including: peer-to-peer, Usenet, streaming and downloading, as well as live broadcasting.
- Strong knowledge of Computer Networking and infrastructure components including understanding of concepts such as: DNS, Cdn, Proxy, VPN etc.
- Strong ability to draft highly technical and/or detailed reports, communicate complex project elements, including technological processes and statistical analysis, to a wide range of audiences.
- Ability to communicate with users of all levels of experience, and to work creatively, quickly, and effectively to produce results.
- Knowledge of AD-Networks including delivery methods, AD placement and affiliate marketing would be considered an asset.
- Demonstrated expertise in generating reports, assembling presentations and managing large data sets using Microsoft Office Suite.
- Possess creative problem solving skills including the ability to work well with minimal supervision and guidance.
- Must possess the highest level of work ethics and integrity with the ability to maintain confidential information.
- While English is the working language, the ability to speak/read/write foreign languages (such as Spanish, Portuguese, French, Russian and Arabic), while not required, is a plus.
- Background and working experience with website design, development and administration (HTML, Java, PHP, etc.) would be an advantage.
- Ability to develop scripts for conducting automated scrapes of online information for intelligence gathering and enforcement purposes would be an advantage. Preferably in Python language.
- Training opportunities
- Competitive salary
- Extra-legal benefits
- Permanent full-time position
Please provide your letter of motivation and CV in confidence, with salary expectations by Monday October 9, 2017 via the button below.
Only applications submitted in English will be considered.
We thank all who express an interest in this position; however, only those selected for interviews will be contacted.