We are looking for a senior Software Engineer in a start-up company in Antwerp. You will work closely with the product owner and your engineering colleagues in a cross-functional squad to build a high quality software from scratch.
Your tasks will include
- work closely with the other engineers in your squad, the product owner and the other teams to continuously deliver high-quality, maintainable, scalable and production-ready software
- uphold best practices in engineering, security, quality and design
- implement components given the requirements based upon analysis by the product owners
- cover your code with the necessary test automation
- set up the necessary CI/CD pipelines to deliver your code to production in a fully automated way
- take full responsibility for the things you build and deliver to production by making sure that, together with the SRE team, the right monitoring and alerting is in place
- perform root cause analysis, based on feedback from our members, our monitoring systems and metrics
- You have an academic degree (BSc or MSc) in computer science or a related field, complemented with a minimum of 5 years of working experience.
- You have knowledge about the Java ecosystems, know which packages to use for which tasks and which modules/libraries are accepted industry standards.
- You can properly structure your code supporting long term maintainability.
- You have extensive knowledge about the Java tooling with respect to building, correctness testing and checking code quality and code coverage of the tests.
- Knowledge of Version Control through GIT is essential.
- You have experience in refactoring code to improve code structure.
- You have experience with profiling code to find bottlenecks and propose performance improvements.
- You know your way around the Linux operating system.
- You have worked on relational databases and know SQL.
- You can work independently and take matters into your own hands.
- The ability to quickly learn new technologies and successfully implement them is essential.
- Work experience with Docker
- Work experience with CircleCI or other CI/CD tools
- Work experience in distributed computation frameworks (Kafka, Spark, Hadoop ecosystem).
- Work experience in Graph databases.
- Work experience in NoSQL databases.
- Notions of machine learning and data mining.