We are looking for a passionate, motivated, self-starter to join an IT Infrastructure team responsible for maintaining the many facets of the IT core infrastructure. This year, the team is focused on an integration program optimizing the IT & office landscape, and make it part of an international group.
You will be responsible for detailing out the project plan, creating technical/migration run books, supporting the Project Manager and international migration consultant. Next to that, you will perform hands on technical activities on the server landscape to make sure the as-is virtual server migration works on the new infrastructure while connecting the (application) servers to each other and the new or existing enterprise services.
Fully engage in this challenging project from start to finish, to make sure we achieve a smooth go live. Drive and support the project through the difficult maze of network and telephony migration, security frameworks, Citrix environments, Active Directory, custom SharePoint applications, legacy backoffice platforms, old and new front end websites, new mail and eBS solutions, Firewall rules and DMZ configurations, ...
- Create and manage technical (server/app) run books and migration/cut-over run books
- Manage the (virtual) server landscape overview
- Organize and lead the project through different data center migration phases
- Document your activities and align local and international level (for technicalities and processes)
- Work in close collaboration with Corporate IT, IT Coordinators, Project managers, IT members (mainly infra, developers and testers) and Local Delivery Manager
- Work with external partners (for technical and functional support on infra techs and apps)
- Be an active member of the team. Challenge them, but also act as a hands on infra specialist
- Provide and/or support clear reporting for the migration tracks
- Hands on activities on Linux (RedHat), Windows and AIX servers (configuration, installation, tweaks, ...) as well as Active Directory integration, mail and printer interactions, ...
- Language requirements:
- English - good skill level required (oral and written)
- Dutch - good skill level preferred
- French - good skill level preferred
- Competence profile:
- Good communicating and interpersonal skills (both towards management as with technical members)
- Be analytical and methodical
- Very good administration skills (document & maintain servers lists, file handler inventories, admin account overviews,...)
- Ability of creating run books both at migration track and technical level.
- Relevant hands on data center migration experience.
- Excellent knowledge of Windows Server 2003 to 2012 and upwards, Linux servers (mainly RedHat and AIX) and Exchange Server last three versions
- Windows Group Policies, Active Directory, DNS
- Good knowledge of Layer-2 Switching, Layer 3 routing, Firewall concepts and the TCP/IP stack in general
- Virtualisation technologies (mainly VMware) with Disaster recovery concepts (active-passive, active-active, technologies such as VEEAM)
- Technical knowledge and experience with eBS applications like file handling, scheduling (ControlM), monitoring tools, ...
- Hands on experience with a scripting language and database platforms is a plus