Our client in the Energy sector located in the center of Brussels near to the public transports is looking for a DevOps Engineer to start ASAP
The Deal and Risk Management (DRM) delivery center is responsible for further developing and supporting the DRM (Deal and Risk Management) system used to manage the energy portfolio of assets.
Purpose of the service
The service will be provided within the DRM delivery center teams responsible for a number of different components such as:
- Deal Acquisition service
- Position Reporting service
- Financial and Risk Reporting service
- External market contract confirmation
- Back-office product control and quality checks
- Technical Settlement, Invoicing & Regulation Reporting
Team is located in Brussels but occasional travel to Paris can be expected.
The main activities are:
- Working in a self-organizing team that covers analysis, development, testing, release and support
- Understanding, challenging and refining business requirements & opportunities
- Implement all aspects of an application design - translate application use cases into functional applications, design, coding, security, error logging, debugging, scalability, code reviews, development environment configuration, delivering and testing.
- Deliver services to users with the highest level of satisfaction.
- Design, build, and maintain efficient, reusable, and reliable code, as per high standard of software quality, design and testing principles of the team while delivering solutions on-time and on-budget
- Provide workload estimations
- Support continuous improvement of the services and applications. Identify bottlenecks and bugs, and define solutions to these problems
- Write and update technical documentations in English and make them available to the team. Provide training to other team members.
- Work in close collaboration business stakeholders/users and business analysts, architects, other IT development teams
- Provide effective and timely communication to all relevant teams
The consultant(s) put forward for this assignment must have extensive experience in the activities outlined below in addition to:
- Strong interest in the Energy Sector and front-to-back process.
- Be able to listen, analyse, conceptualize, design and communicate
- Proactive, taking initiative, challenge and show leadership
- Be team player and aware of cross-cultural working
- Highly interested in technological evolution
- Autonomous behaviour and show leadership
- Fluent in English and French or Dutch
- Familiar with the Agile methodology and experienced in Scrum
The levels of seniority for competencies are as follows:
- Junior (3 to 5 years)
- Experienced (6 to 9 years)
Expected technical competencies (in order of priority for the assignment)
Candidate must master at least 2 to 3 of the following:
Technical competencies / Level of seniority / Mandatory
.NET Framework (C#) Experienced Yes
Java 8 Experienced Yes
Rest Experienced Yes
Angular Experienced Yes
Expected functional competencies (in order of priority for the assignment)
- Good understanding of software development standards
- Good knowledge of financial products (Forwards, Swaps, Options...) (Junior)
- Experience in Back Office topics and downstream systems (deal confirmations, invoices, margin calls...), Regulatory topics (REMIT, EMIR) (Junior)
- Ability to multi task
- Good understanding of complex information systems, business processes, and software development
- Proactive, ability to take initiatives in its own area of responsibilities and solution oriented (Junior)
- English is a must