Our customer in the Energy sector is looking for a Senior Java developer to start ASAP (also looking for a Junior).
This is for a long-term mission (3 years or more).
Only english is needed
The Front to Back trading system developed within the Group is based on a Sybase/SQL Server DBMS and an n-tier architecture (VB6, C++, .Net, Java). Its modifiable design means functional components can quickly be re-used.
Purpose of the service
The service will be provided within the Back Office/Finance Delivery Center teams responsible for tools geared towards Back Office and Finance operators including Invoicing, Accounting, Payments and Business Control domains.
The main activities are:
- Implement all aspects of an application design - Translate application use cases into functional applications, design, coding, security, error logging, debugging, scalability, code reviews, development environment configuration, delivering and testing.
- Deliver services to users with the highest level of satisfaction.
- Design, build, and maintain efficient, reusable, and reliable code, as per high standard of software quality, design and testing principles of the team while delivering solutions on-time and on-budget
- Provide workload estimations
- Support continuous improvement of the services and applications. Identify bottlenecks and bugs, and devise solutions to these problems
- Write and update technical documentations in English and make them available to the team. Provide training to other team members.
- Work in close collaboration business stakeholders/users and business analysts, architects, other IT development teams
- Provide effective and timely communication to all relevant teams
- Expected technical competencies (in order of priority for the assignment):
- Trainee (<2 years of service*)
- Junior (3 to 5 years*)
- Experienced (6 to 9 years*)
- Advanced (10 to 14 years*)
- Expert (>15 years*)
- The length of service is calculated based on the number of years spent providing the required service (e.g. Developer, Functional Analyst)
- Java 8: Experienced
- C# (Framework 4.5): Experienced
- .NET: Experienced
- Spring Framework: Experienced
- REST: Experienced
- TDD - BDD - Clean Code: Experienced
- Architecture SOA: Junior
- Agilité / Scrum: Junior
- React JS: Junior
- Expected functional competencies:
- Good understanding of software development standards: Experienced
- Good knowledge of financial products (Forwards, Swaps, Options, ...): Junior
- Experience in Back Office topics and downstream systems (deal confirmations, invoices, margin calls, ...), Regulatory topics (REMIT, EMIR): Junior
- Ability to multi task: Experienced
- Good understanding of complex information systems, business processes, and software development: Experienced
- Proactive, ability to take initiatives in its own area of responsibilities and solution oriented: Experienced