Our client is looking for a Software Engineer, passionate about making an impact, to support the scaling of our fast-growing energy access project.
Our company is an Engie's start-up aiming to develop sustainable mini-grids and act as a micro-utility to provide electricity access in rural Africa.
The market potential for energy access in Africa is tremendous with 300 million people without access to electricity in Engie Tier-1 countries, of which 200 million are expected to be electrified through mini-grids or solar home systems solutions. BU Africa has great ambitions in this BtoC/BtoT African market and mini-grids are therefore part of the core business of the BU.
The objective is to scale the project in Tanzania where we have already electrified multiple villages and in other sub-saharian countries. Beyond Tanzania, the goal is to be a leader of the mini-grid market with a key role in framing regulation and technologies.
- The candidate will be integrating, maintaining, developing and expanding our software platforms.
- Key responsibilities will include the development of our company's custom information systems running on AWS and the integration of other generic systems (Salesforce, SAP, PowerBI...).
- The ideal applicant will be a problem solver, have experience in and enjoy software development, and will want to take an proactive role in providing innovative solutions to the business.
- Candidates must enjoy working in a small team in, and ideally have a passion for renewable energy and sustainable development in Frontier Markets. This position offers a unique opportunity to make a meaningful impact using latest technologies.
Required Skills & Experience
- 1-2 years of experience in software development
- Bachelors or Masters in a relevant engineering discipline (computer sciences preferred)
- Programming language experience in at least 3 of the following languages : Python ; Java ; JS ; C ; C++ ; C# ; Go
- Experience creating and maintaining scalable Web and/or mobile applications - backend and frontend
- Database administration and data management skills (data modeling, SQL, ...)
- Working knowledge of both high-level Object Oriented and low-level procedural programming concepts. A full-stack developer.
- Working knowledge of good practices for computer and data security
- Outstanding written and verbal communications skills in English - French is a plus
- Entrepreneurial spirit and collaborative nature
- Self-organized and pro-active
- A passion for energy access
Highly Desired Skills
- AWS products : CloudFormation, EC2, DynamoDB, Lambda, API GateWay, S3, Batch, RDS...
- Serverless framework
- Server management experience (Linux, MySQL, Nginx, Apache) - Prior experience with software Design for Testability
- Experience with GIT based source code management
- Jenkins, CodePipeline
- SOQL & Salesforce API
- Expercience with Confluence, Jira, BitBucket or similar.
- Interest in products for emerging markets
- Skill Requested Response type Programming language experience in at least 3 of the following languages : Python ; Java ; JS ; C ; C++ ; C# ; Go (Junior Experience levels)
- Software Development: Junior Experience levels
- Database Administration: Junior Experience levels