Ordina is looking for Java Developers for the several European institutions in Brussels. The main task of which will be to analyse and design new application modules and to develop/refactor them. To a lesser degree she/he may participate to the development of applications.
- design and develop application modules
- Perform data analysis, data modelling and database integration with applications developed in Java
- liaise with business users,
- participate in technical working groups involving technical staff and users
- perform application testing, stress tests, integration testing
- organise deployment and roll out of applications
- ensure maintenance of existing and future application modules
- Produce software documentation
- Draft user manuals
- Provide support to end-users
Required Technical Competences
- Database: Oracle RDBMS
- Web/application frameworks: Vaadin, Wicket, Spring, Hibernate
- Modelling tools: UML or similar
- Software development: RUP, Agile (Scrum) or similar
- De: IntelliJ or Eclipse
- Build tools: Maven
- pplication servers: WebLogic, Apache Tomcat
- Excellent communication skills (oral + written), capability to interface with end-users for requirements gathering.
What can we offer?
- You will work for an open, transparent and honest business partner
- You work on a long term project
- You will have many opportunities to work in an interesting, international business environment in the heart of Europe.
- You will have many opportunities for personal & professional development in a fun and social environment.
- You will be active in a multicultural international working environment
Note: this position is open to consultants willing to work as employee or freelancer, to anyone currently living and working within the European Union. Note: for freelancers we offer long term contracts; 220 billable days, with perspective on renewal for duration of 4 years