We open up a world of digital opportunities so people live better and work smarter.
Technology is your passion? Then join us!
Within the Public Cloud & operations department we're looking for an additional IT Cloud Engineer/Architect to extend our Cloud Centre of Excellence.
A key role in the within the CSC organization to accomplish the ambition in line with the Proximus Corporate strategy #inspire2022.
The IT Cloud Engineer / Architect works closely with internal clients, project managers and sponsors, on one hand to work for projects that want to on-board the public cloud, this means: the translation of the requirements into the design of the IT solution with a link to Public Cloud, processes and tools. The role requires participation in all project phases, from initial intake through maturation, execution and project launch.
On the other hand, we want to become a centre of Expertise (Ccoe) with regards to Public Cloud. This means that we have to provide a foundation to host all the applications and ensure that we follow up on evolutive requirements from our (internal) customers. This includes the design of the automation framework, processes and tools, ...
You get the chance to work in very versatile environment where you're allowed to do a lot of things with a lot of challenges
- You understand engineers, project owners, business sponsors, project manager and you maintain a good professional relationship with them and their unit. You are providing guidance for their challenges and you bring our service and support to a higher level.
- You actively participate to the development of our public cloud environment as a cloud architect.
- You are eager to learn and extend your own knowledge with newer and the newest technologies linked to public cloud.
- You share knowledge, skills and insights with your colleagues and you're helping them where needed.
- You start and follow up on project from A to Z. Some of the project will be fairly simple deliveries, others will be very complex.
- You're work consists for a majority of 90% out of architectural work and 10% on development work and technological knowledge update.
We just want to get better at Pco, so we expect something from you as well
- We expect an open and constructive mindset and a passion for technology.
- You're eager to learn and have a lot of ambition. You want challenges and you want to evolve.
- You don't mind helping everyone you work with. We're here to help each other out in the best possible way.
- You are Dutch and/or French speaking. Knowledge of English is a must.
These are the general technical expectations
- You have notion of IaC & design patterns (software design).
- You know many technologies and are familiar with important architectural (system / dev) concepts.
- You know the following things: MS Azure, PowerShell, AWS, Chef, Ansible, Kubernetes, Vault, Docker, TerraForm, Container, CI/CD, Eks, ECS, ... What's more, you independently amass new knowhow and share it with the team.
- If you have had successes and failures with Public Clouds such as Azure, AWS, ... it's counted as a +
- You can work in a structured way and are able to manage yourself and your projects.
- You have a minimum of patience and are willing to help colleagues and customers.
- Some experience is required for this position. No experience? Don't hesitate to let us know that you're interested. A good attitude and mindset can bring us al very far.
At Proximus you have the possibility to shape your own future and the digital future of our customers.
We offer you
- Our digital workplace, which assure you a better work-life balance
- A nice and varied salary package including insurance, a mobility plan of your choice, Telecom and other benefits.
- The opportunity to build your own career and your development thanks to a continuous learning environment and the exhaustive offer of our Proximus Corporate University.