Software Engineer - Ordering and Provisioning (Scripting) - req1131
The top ICT company in Belgium is looking for top IT talents
Proximus is facing one of its biggest challenges ever: its transformation into a digital service provider. Together with our customers, partners and other business units, we are building the digital company of the future with the latest technologies and the most advanced software. In these exciting times, our ICT specialists are given every opportunity to learn and grow.
Our future is digital. Yours too?
Do terms like "Agile", "Scrum" and "Cloud computing" make your heart beat faster? Need your daily fix of IaaS, PaaS and AI? Want to grow and contribute to the growth of the digital future of Belgium's largest IT employer? Then perhaps you're one of the 100 new IT talents we're looking for!
You work in the domain responsible for developing applications related to the ordering and provisioning of Proximus products for mass market, professional market and wholesale products and services.
As a software engineer you are responsible for the implementation of specific scripts starting from requirements till execution in production.
Role & Responsibilities
- You are the relay between delivery team and stakeholders.
- You analyse and assess the impact of requirements and give solution guidance to the team.
- You discuss with business representatives to understand but also to challenge their requirements and way of working.
- You define and recommend best practices based upon the business requirements.
- You define and explain the high-level solution model to the development teams.
- You oversee the development of the technical solutions.
- You implement scripts and queries related to data quality, migrations and reporting.
- You write and review technical documentations.
- You align and connect with stakeholders and project/program managers.
- You keep track of the strategic evolution in Ordering & Provisioning domain and evaluate the business value for Proximus of new and upcoming technologies.
- You have a bachelor or master degree (preferably in an IT related domain) or equivalent by experience.
- You have profound experience in scripting and Unix and PL/SQL.
- Technical and functional knowledge of Ordering and Provisioning is an asset.
- You are optimistic, solution oriented, creative with an open mind.
- Customer centricity is part of your nature.
- You value communication and collaboration with others.
- You have a learning attitude.
- Good knowledge of English is mandatory (both oral and written). French and/or Dutch is an advantage.
A professional and stimulating working environment in the telecommunications sector. Various career opportunities within the Proximus Group on a national and international level, high-quality training and a rich and acknowledged expertise. We also offer you an attractive remuneration with many fringe benefits.
Not really the job you're looking for? Then be sure to check out our other IT vacancies!