As System Engineer, you are responsible for professional and technical work related to building, implementing, maintaining and hosting infrastructures and services enabling cloud hosted monitoring solutions for Iris' and Canon's customers. This in order to guarantee the continuity and efficiency of the IT infrastructure which meets the needs of the customers.
- Manage and maintain installed systems and infrastructure.
- Install, configure, test and maintain operating systems, application software and system management tools.
- Proactively ensure the highest levels of systems and infrastructure availability.
- Maintain Security, backup, and redundancy strategies.
- Write and maintain custom scripts to increase system efficiency and lower the human intervention time on any tasks.
- Participate in the design of information and operational support systems.
- Provide 2nd and 3rd level support. Liaise with vendors and other IT personnel for problem resolution.
- Degree in Ict (Bachelor) or minimum 5 years of relevant experience.
- Understanding of professional IT services operations, datacenter and cloud business.
- Minimum of 3 years' experience in a comparable role.
- Good knowledge of English, Dutch and French.
- Strong interest in innovative technologies and desire to work on pioneering engagements.
- A passion for monitoring solutions.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and customer facing/customer service skills
- Able to work under pressure and meet deadlines and excellent organizational skills
- Knowledge of Windows Administration, Linux Administration
- Base skills with databases (MySQL, Mssql, etc) and computer software architecture
- Strong understanding of networking, firewalls, secure Network communication and of Performance Management
- Very strong troubleshooting skills across multiple platforms
- Experience with monitoring solutions (ea Prtg, Nagio...).
- Needed technical Competences:
- VMware Vsphere
- Microsoft Server and Ad (DNS, Dhcp, Gpo's, Rds...)
- Lan switching (layer 2)
- SAN switching (Zoning on Brocade and/or Cisco Mds)
- Backup software (ex: Veeam, Tsm, Commvault...)
- Storage solutions such as Emc, Netapp, Pure Storage, IBM
- Nice to have:
- IBM Tivoli Monitoring 6.3+
- Basic understanding of Event Management
- Experience with any kind of monitoring system
- IBM Control Desk
- IBM Netcool Omnibus 7.4+
- IBM Netcool Impact 6.1.1+
- IBM Monitoring 8
- Programming in Perl, PHP, Python, Powershell.
Real career possibilities in a fascinating IT sector, a constantly growing dynamic company and a well-established international track record with a competitive salary package.
We also have flexible working hours, home working facilities and our offices are easily accessible.