As System Engineer you are responsible for professional and technical work related to building, implementing, maintaining and hosting infrastructures and services in technical environments. This in order to guarantee the continuity and efficiency of the IT infrastructure which meets the needs of the customers. The primary focus will be on supporting customer environments based on IBM (systems, Storage, software), Microsoft and Linux (SUSE, Red Hat) solutions.
- Manage and monitor installed systems and infrastructure.
- Install, configure, test and maintain operating systems, application software and system management tools.
- Proactively ensure the highest levels of systems and infrastructure availability.
- Maintain Security, backup, and redundancy strategies.
- Write and maintain custom scripts to increase system efficiency and lower the human intervention time on any tasks.
- Participate in the design of information and operational support systems.
- Provide 2nd and 3rd level support.
- Liaise with vendors and other IT personnel for problem resolution.
- Degree in ICT (Bachelor) or minimum 3 years of relevant experience.
- Understanding of professional IT services operations, datacenter and Cloud business.
- Good knowledge of English, Dutch and French.
- Prepared to learn about general IRIS/Canon products, services and solutions.
- Strong interest in innovative technologies and desire to work on pioneering engagements.
- A passion for IT infrastructure and solutions.
- Excellent customer facing/customer service skills.
- Qualities, expertise and Skills required:
- VMware vSphere
- Microsoft Server and AD (DNS, DHCP, GPO's, RDS ....)
- Linux (SUSE, Red Hat)
- Backup software (ex: Veeam, TSM, Commvault, ...)
- Storage solutions such as EMC, NetApp, Pure Storage, IBM
- And, on top of that, some technical competences which are nice to have:
- VMware horizon view:
- VMware Vcloud
- SAN Storage
- Cloud solutions
- LAN switching (layer 2)
- SAN switching (Zoning on Brocade and/or Cisco Mds)
Real career possibilities in a fascinating IT sector, a constantly growing dynamic company and a well-established international track record with a competitive salary package.