We are looking for a new colleague: a senior PHP consultant with a solid LEMP/LAMP stack knowledge and broad technical knowledge on other modern web technologies.
You will be one of the few consultants in our BENELUX team, supported by hundreds of other developers, UX designers and other experts.
Smile is the European leader on Open Source Solutions, with 1.800 employees located over Europe, assisting customers with their Digital, e-Commerce, Hosting, Business Applications, Embedded and IoT projects.
- Audits and Technical Recommendations (performance, quality, architecture...)
- Training of client's team and colleagues
- Contribution to technical part of RFPs
- Support and coaching of other remote developers (our Ukrainian team)
- Responsable for technical quality of developments, manage merge requests and perform code audits of developer's work
- Development of complex part of applications
- Definition and design of technical architecture, participation to technical workshops with customers on premise or remote
- Direct contact with customers / helpdesk on technical issuesPreparation and participation to Go live operations
- Prototype, develop proof of concepts
- Participate in recruitment process for other technical colleagues
- You will be working with the following technologies:
- Frameworks: Symfony / Zend
- Solutions: Magento 2 / Drupal 7+ / Akeneo 2+ / eZ Publish / custom built
- Are passionate about Open Source technologies and their values
- Have solid background in PHP, Symfony, Zend, MariaDB, ElasticSearch, GIT, lxc, nginx, Linux (CentOS/Debian)
- Have experience with Magento 2
- Have basic knowledge of project management
- Are tri-lingual: Dutch, English, French
- Are fully able and willing to communicate, convince and share
- Are good in reporting your work and alerting on risks & opportunities
- Are at ease with explaining and documenting technicalities
- Are able to travel in Benelux for short term missions
- Minimum 6 years experience in PHP environments
- Minimum 2 years as a technical Team Leader
- Have a Master degree or equivalent
What Smile can bring you
- Access to a large catalog of trainings executed by other Smile experts
- Experts to co-design solutions and challenge your work
- A meaningful job in the Benelux “startup branch” of Smile Group
- Unique and flexible working conditions: remote, at client, and in the Brussel offices
- Good degree of autonomy and responsibility
- An open and informal working atmosphere
- An international team of friendly colleagues: Belgian, French, Dutch, Ukrainian, Luxembourgish
- Opportunity to work on innovative projects / POC
With audacity and ambitious projects, add a pinch of visionary culture, a fair dose of innovation, sprinkle with multidisciplinary technical expertise and you get Smile, the European leader in integration and open source outsourcing solutions. Smile Benelux is characterized as being an open and informal company where we see people as our most important value and where we give them the opportunity to develop and grow.
We don't live in theory, we are concrete.
In our company, boredom doesn't exist; we stay tuned and develop sparkling ideas.
We exclude rigid processes, we are always flexible and on alert.
We don't keep things secret, we always share our progress.