Our client, who is based in the Netherlands and a global provider within financial services is looking for a Big Data Specialist to assist them on a global project. This position is an immediate start and you will assist my client with the implementation and distribution of Cloudera Hadoop (Cdh) within their infrastructure. The first phase of the project will be hands on around the implementation of Cdh and phase 2 will delivering technical training sessions
Requirements and duties
- Provide technical expertise to assist internal staff in the implementation of the Cloudera Hadoop (Cdh) software in the Production and Enterprise environment.
- Deliver technical training sessions on Cloudera manager and the Apache Hadoop Ecosystem.
- Document recommendations on how best to support/manage/monitor Cdh as well as for scaling the data store (HBase).
- Engage in discussions with development and qualification teams, who are mainly based in Us, to provide technical comments on key documents such as design and implementation guides.
- Engage in discussion with teams that are delivering the underlying infrastructure (i.e. Hw and Nw), to provide technical insights on recommended configurations.
- The scope if effectively the implementation and the distribution of Cloudera Hadoop within their infrastructure.
- The first 3 months will be more about hands-on implementation. The last 5 months will be more about giving training.
- Key technologies: Hadoop Cloudera (implementation and distribution), HBase and knowledge of Python (in order to discuss with the development team)
Required skills all at a specialist level
- Apache Hadoop
- Apache Spark
- Hadoop HBase