We are currently looking for an IBM Power Systems Engineer for our key client in Brussels
The role involves managing the complete system in transition to the new AS400 environment (in progress) and a service contract (within 6 months).
You must be able to wok completely independent, provide support to the development team and participate in the implementation of the new AS400.
Work requires, but is not limited to
- Monitoring current Power Infrastructure
- Install, maintain and support current Power Infrastructure
- Execute existing work instructions
- Ameliorate existing work instructions
- Write Technical Documentation
What do we expect from you?
- Experienced technical skills (at least 8 to 10 years) with AS400 / Power systems is required.
- Working knowledge of commonly-used concepts, practices, and procedures within the IBM Power (AS / 400) environment is required.
Technical Skills (Mandatory)
- Control Language
- OS skills
- IBM Licensed program skills (Job Scheduler, Client Access, Brms, ..)
- High Availability / Disaster recovery skills
- Technical Skills (preference): RPG knowledge
- Bilingual (English and Flemish and/or French)
- Good communication skills
- Ability to contact expert knowledge (user groups or personal network for power related expert knowledge)