The Technical Analyst elaborates the technical analysis and design of the solution as defined by the Application Analyst, in such way that it can be implemented by a Developer. The technical solution must be in line with company standards concerning quality and performance, and resource usage.
- In collaboration with Functional Analyst, work on solution description and implementation of different projects and enhancements within the BI-environment to be translated afterwards in a technical design for a development team.
- Be able to analyse and develop medior solutions using Informatica PowerCenter
- Prepare and follow-up of installation in QA and PROD environment.
- Follow up and analyse incidents, identify the rootcause
- Dutch: Preferable , but not mandatory
- French: Sound knowledge
- English: Sound knowledge
- Bachelor/Master 's degree in IT or Business engineering or equivalent by professional experience
An analyst involved in Agile projects must have the "Agile mindset" which implies:
- a positive attitude and pragmatism
- thirst for knowledge: Agile is about learning and adapting. Knowledge sharing is key to success.
- The goal of team success: Agile is about the success of the team, no individual success or heroic behavior. It is more important for the team to succeed than for the individual to have completed his/her tasks.
There is no failure, only feedback: Agile is about taking everything as lessons, adjusting actions based on the feedback, resulting in continuous improvement.
Beyond the roles: Agile teams are cross-functional.
All required disciplines are represented in the team (analysis, development, testing, ...).
However, although team members have a primary role representing a discipline, they are expected to take on other roles and contribute to other disciplines whenever it helps towards reaching the Sprint goal.
Required experience / knowledge
- At least 3 years of relevant experience
- >3 year experienced and practical knowledge of Informatica-PowerCenter
- Practical knowledge of Unix, Oracle, Sybase, Control/M on a distributed environment.
- Profound knowledge of SQL (writing SQL queries, performance-tuning, ...
- Basics in performance tuning of ETL jobs
- Experience with MS Office tools (ppt, Visio, excel, word, ...)
- Knowledge of DWH data modelling (i.e. Kimball or Inman)
- Experience in banking sector
- Business experience
- mandatory: Experience with working in a complex organization
- preferable: Specific requirement for Agile: practical experience with Scrum
- Good analytical and problem solving skills.
- Quick self-starter, pro-active attitude
- Team player always ready to share, train or provide support to others.
- Autonomy, commitment and perseverance
- Flexible, accurate & control minded.
- Ability to work in a dynamic and multi-cultural environment
- Ability to deliver results respecting deadlines
- Good oral and written communication.
- Ability to turn advanced technical topics and industry jargon into easy-to-understand information .
- Quality driven and cost avoidance minded
- Able to handle changing priorities
- Customer focus
- Passionate about data