StepStone - Business Analyst
About the Search & Match team
The volume and variety of data gathered and processed by companies has never been as large as today. This has created the need for tools enabling fast and accurate data retrieval. This is the purpose of search engines. The Search and Match team at StepStone builds tools to find the right job offers for candidates and the right candidates for recruiters with a greater vision of helping people to find happiness and fulfillment in their work.
You want to contribute to this vision? You want to develop your skills in a trendy and hot topic on the market? You want to work in an international environment? Then we want you!
We are looking for a Business Analyst for our Search team, responsible for delivering and evolving the search and match technologies that powers the StepStone Group of market leading job boards and candidate databases in countries across the world
As a Business Analyst in the Search Team, you will in collaboration with the Product owners to:
- collect for specific roadmap epics and stories the necessary input and information from the stakeholders, capture the business requirements and translate those into functional requirements
- validate the EPIC's actual business opportunity, business value and potential contribution to the Search and Match KPIs.
- determine the success criteria of epics and stories.
- perform detailed gap analysis of business partners' existing search functionality vs. those offered by our platform and use this analysis to estimate potential value add from using our product.
- work with Development Teams to break down business value focussed user stories into tasks with detailed technical acceptance criteria; ensuring all functional as well as non-functional requirements (e.g. performance, stability, etc.) are considered to facilitate accurate estimation and realistic Sprint commitments.
- Gather, analyse and interpret pre/post implementation and A/B test data.
- Educate business partners on our Search & Recommendation products via best practice training and support documentation.
- Fluent English (working language) and clear, concise written and verbal communication skills
- Comfortable talking to technical and non-technical team members and stakeholders
- Great attention to detail and an analytical, inquisitive mind; not afraid to ask questions
- Well organised and able to manage and prioritise own workload
- Highly numerate and confident to analyse and interpret data
- Willing and able to travel within Europe.
- Knowledge of statistical principles including knowledge of one of the typical tools (SPSS, SAS, R)
- Interest in and understanding of search technology, computational linguistics, computer science or machine learning
- Experience with data analytics, ability to query data from SQL databases
- Knowledge of German, French or Dutch an advantage.
StepStone is a company with clear goals and visions. We focus on growth through innovative solutions, service quality and qualified employees.
From the very first day at StepStone you will be welcomed and supported by a cooperative team. As part of our training concept, you will receive basic training for your work and the recruiting market during your first weeks with us.
In addition, we offer an attractive, performance-led remuneration package and the opportunity to tackle the task with above-average development opportunities and long-term perspectives in an innovative environment. In the team, everyone can benefit of 15 days of innovation or training time per year to work on a research project, get familiar with a new technology or try out a new idea!
We look forward to receiving your application in English.
Please note that you need to have a valid Residency/work permit for Belgium for this position.