StepStone - Data Scientist
With over 24,9 million visits and more than 290.000 job listings each month,
we operate some of the most powerful online job portals in the European market.
And because we move fast and support innovation, we're always looking for new talents to reinforce our team.
At Stepstone, we are building on intelligent solutions for matching candidates with companies and vice versa. As a Data Scientist you design experiments, test hypotheses and build models to support the continuous development of our products for both candidates and companies.
You hold advanced analytical skills and think in hypotheses? You like to work with large data sets and want to shape the future of online sourcing? Are you hungry to take on a big challenge? Then apply now!
- Work with statistics and cutting-edge machine learning algorithms in a Big Data environment
- Being responsible for data science projects end-to-end
- Design experiments, test statistical hypotheses and build models
- Integrate and prepare large, varied datasets
- Produce test results and visualize them in a presentable, professional and actionable manner
- Collaborate closely with business, the team of data scientists and big data developers
- PhD with a major statistical analysis component e.g. Mathematics, Statistics, Computer Science etc. or an MSc in Applied Statistics or Machine Learning
- While we value academic experience, we're specifically looking for candidates that have at least 4 years of experience in the private sector, Experience in a Web-based technology company is a plus
- Experience in managing and conceptually guiding Ds projects
- Very good programming skills and/or experience in scripting languages (Python, R)
- Deep learning experience within Nlp is regarded as a plus
- Proven experienced in working with databases (relational, Spark, Redshift, ..)
- Team player who enjoys working in a collaborative, Agile environment
- Fluent in English with excellent oral and written communication skills, German is a plus
The Group Data Science is split across offices in Brussels and Düsseldorf, so you will work in an international environment with a team of experienced and like-minded colleagues.
You will also closely work together with our Big Data team located in Warsaw.
Why Work At Stepstone?
- High impact, high responsibility, high degree of freedom
- A team of smart and extremely motivated CO-workers
- The opportunity to play a crucial role and be part of something big
- Social activities (food, drinks, very good parties)
- Attractive compensation