StepStone - Java Dev
With over 24,9 million visits and more than 290.000 job listings each month,
we operate some of the most powerful online job portals in the European market.
And because we move fast and support innovation, we're always looking for new talents to reinforce our team.
For our Search Team we are looking for a Java developer with in-depth knowledge of search engine technologies. With over 260,000 jobs, 8.1 million CVs, 13.6 million active subscribers and 25.4 million monthly visits the data is big and the challenge is even bigger. We need an experienced and creative professional to develop advanced technical solutions for our search engine and help take it to the next level of quality. The search team is split across offices in Brussels and Berlin, so you will work in an international environment with a team of experienced and like-minded colleagues.
- Turn business requirements into working products - design, code and refine your solutions
- Making sure the search engine backend is running at its optimal performance
- Write clean, scalable, maintainable and easy-to-read code
- Work in sync with other team members; share knowledge, suggestions
- Coordinate work with other teams to make things happen (quality assurance, web design, Product Management)
- Self-driven, proactive and fast learner
- Willing to take full responsibility for our product
- Excellent understanding of Java development
- Aware of performance and scalability aspects in Java
- Familiarity with or interest in Agile or lean development methodologies
- Linux operating system
- Very good command of English required, other languages like German, French or Dutch are a plus
- Some aspects are not required but would be a strong plus
- Understanding of fundamental search engine concepts; Lucene, Elasticsearch, Solr or Java-based search engines;
- Large dataset processing and NoSQL (Hadoop, Hive, Pig, Cassandra, Couchbase, MongoDB);
- Machine-learning techniques and/or recommendation systems
- High performance / multi-threaded / distributed algorithms
- StepStone is a company with clear goals and visions. We focus on growth through innovative solutions, service quality and qualified employees.
- From the very first day at StepStone you will be welcomed and supported by a cooperative team. As part of our training concept, you will receive basic training for your work and the recruiting market during your first weeks with us.
- In addition, we offer an attractive, performance-led remuneration package and the opportunity to tackle the task with above-average development opportunities and long-term perspectives in an innovative environment.
- We look forward to receiving your application in English.