StepStone - Product Owner / Big Data
With over 24,9 million visits and more than 290.000 job listings each month,
we operate some of the most powerful online job portals in the European market.
And because we move fast and support innovation, we're always looking for new talents to reinforce our team.
Where you will work
At StepStone, we are building on intelligent solutions for matching candidates with companies and vice versa. In this context, we are looking, in our office of Brussel, for a dynamic candidate to manage the Big Data platform.
The candidate will therefore become member of a Big Data team and will prioritize the work of Big Data developers based on the company vision and stakeholder requirements.
As product owner for the Big Data platform, you will be responsible to find, select, assess, prioritize and follow-up the implementation of various data sources. You will also promote the usage of the Big Data platform and all its data services across the organization.
Amongst other tasks, you will
- Link with different parts of the organization (multiple brands) to understand the data needs for their specific parts of the business.
- Research, select and manage internal and external data providers to enrich the Big Data platform with new valuable data sets.
- Prioritize the different projects based on business value creation and communicate on regular basis with the stakeholders.
- Translate all requests into usable API services to ensure easy and performant access to the data.
- Constantly collaborate with data scientists to ensure valuable and meaningful data transformation.
- Build and maintain the Big Data platform roadmap and follow-up on its execution in an Agile environment.
- Maintain the Big Data catalog of services and promote the usage of the Big Data platform and all its services within the entire organization.
- Ensure that the data platform is fully compliant with the latest regulations for data privacy (GDPR).
- Collaborate to implement a company data governance processes to ensure proper access and usage of the data.
- You hold a master or a Bachelor degree within Computer Science or something equivalent through experience.
- While we value academic experience, we're preferably are looking for candidates that have at least 3 years of experience in the private sector, experience in Big Data or data acquisition / transformation is a big asset.
- You feel comfortable digging through data.
- You have a proven experience in product or project management function using an Agile framework.
- Having some experienced with SQL and experience with tools to process large scale data sets is a plus (e.g. Spark, Hadoop, Hive, Power BI).
- You can explain the significance of data in a way that can be easily understood by others.
- You are a team player who enjoys working in a collaborative, Agile environment.
- Traveling 10% of your time is not a problem for you.
- Fluent in English with excellent oral and written communication skills.
StepStone is a company with clear goals and visions. We focus on growth through innovative solutions, service quality and qualified employees.
From the very first day at StepStone you will be welcomed and supported by a cooperative team. As part of our training concept, you will receive basic training for your work and the recruiting market during your first weeks with us.
In addition, we offer an attractive, performance-led remuneration package and the opportunity to tackle the task with above-average development opportunities and long-term perspectives in an innovative environment.
We look forward to receiving your application in English.