Company & department description
Within Business Applications we are looking for a highly motivated and dynamic lead developer, being ready to lead and participate in the development of the different products within the Business Applications portfolio. You will be part of defining and developing major enhancements to these products.
The Business Applications team is in charge of the definition, development and maintenance of a wide set of financial services that are used worldwide by our customers in the Swift community. These services have high availability, resiliency, security and quality requirements.
Your responsibility will be to:
- Prepare, plan, co-ordinate, develop, lead and be responsible for the developement, testing and installation of high available, high quality, resilient and secure systems.
- Meet with customers to identify needs and requirements.
- Analyze the customer requirements and recommend solutions and system design. Present solutions to management and customers.
- Validate technical feasibility and provide estimates of the proposed solutions.
- Provide functional support and leadership to staff and customers. Lead and follow-up on day to day activities and give guidance in resolving problems.
- Coach Junior team members.
- Education - University degree in Information Technology
- Experience - 10+ years experience in system development, with exposure to leading teams
- Good communication skills
- Excellent written and spoken English
- Pro-active team player
- Can motivate and coach Junior team members
- Technical knowledge and skills in the following areas:
- Experience in programming with Java, C/C++.
- Knowledge of Middleware and Web technologies like application servers (e.g. Tomcat, Web Services, SOAP,Rest, ...).
- Knowledge of GUI frameworks (Angular).
- Experience with Oracle databases and SQL.
- Knowledge of security fundamentals (TLS, PKI).
- Experience in designing and implementing software solutions with high scalability, performance and resilience (i.e. multi-processing, multi-threading, clustering).
- Knowledge of XML or JSON technology.
- Knowledge of software development tools (Clearcase, GIT, IntelliJ, ...).
- Experience with the following operating systems Linux, Unix and Windows.
- Experience in Shell scripting (KSH, Perl, TCL) for Unix and Windows.
What we offer
Swift has an unique corporate mindset, where diversity, personal development and networking are actively encouraged. And we think you'll like our office culture, built around the way we work to achieve a healthier work/life balance.
If you want to be part of our dynamic, multi-cultural institution with over 2400 employees of 75 nationalities, in 26 offices worldwide, then explore the vast opportunities, rewards and internationally competitive packages that are waiting for you here at Swift.
Apply for this job online via the button below.