Company & department description
Swift is looking for skilled and enthusiastic software engineers to join the Swift Graduates Program. Successful candidates will participate in the day-to-day software development and product delivery activities. Working with us offers you the opportunity to develop your engineering skills and further explore technology doamins in an IT environment using modern development tools (Linux, Docker containerization, Ansible, Angular, Vue.js, Jenkins, BitBucket, ElasticSearch,...) as well as approaches like Agile, DevOps and Continuous Integration. The focus of our Agile delivery team is about supporting the financial industry members in the creation and consumption of message standards enabling automation, cost reduction and efficiency.
Who are we?
We are an international member-owned cooperative and we operate at the heart of the financial industry.
We provide the financial industry with a platform for messaging and standards for communicating that enable our global community of users to exchange financial messages in a reliable way, thereby supporting global and local financial flows, as well as trade and commerce all around the world.
We are a truly global company with offices around the world, and we are at the cutting edge of both technology and financial services. It is an exciting world to work in, and we would love you to join us!
The 18-months' program incorporates training programs, mentorship, global graduate week, and at the end of the program, the successful candidate will be able to join the development team.
Together with the team, he/she will participate in ongoing projects and development works for one of Swift's software applications. The candidate will also receive the necessary support and guidance from the team manager and team members to ensure his/her success.
- As part of a multi-disciplinary Agile team, you contribute to the design, the development and the testing of Swift software products.
- You acquire knowledge of, and comply with, standard and Swift Java coding and security guidelines.
- Explain and demonstrate achievements towards both IT and Business staff, and provide input to technical writers for end-user documentation.
- Provide technical assistance towards support team, and identify solutions for encountered problems.
- You stay up-to-date with technology evolution, focusing on technologies relevant for the products you are contributing to.
- A university master in computer science and/or in engineering.
- Self-learning and analytical person, able to investigate problems in a structured manner and define solution paths.
- Keen to learn the newest technologies in a fast-paced environment.
- Excellent English written and communication skills; ability to effectively communicate with different levels of people, in groups and individually.
- A good team player; demonstrate thoughtfulness and respect to others at all times, ability to work well with others in general.
Apply for this job online via the button below.