Swift Interfaces software engineers develop the products that are used world-wide by thousands of banks and financial institutions to exchange financial messages using the Swift Network.
On a daily basis, our products need to handle millions of messages in a fast, reliable and secure manner. We cover a wide variety of areas within computer science, including software engineering, integration, relational database, application server, software clustering, large scale system design, networking, and security.
As a senior software engineer working in a SCRUM team, you are responsible for managing individual project priorities, deadlines and deliverables. With your technical expertise you design, develop, test, maintain and enhance software solutions.
We need our engineers to be versatile and passionate to tackle new problems and continually improve our products.
- Design, develop, test, enhance and support products from the Interfaces product portfolio.
- Participate in feasibility studies to validate technical solutions for product enhancements.
- Analyse problems, propose and implement solutions.
- Education: University degree in computer science or related field.
- Experience: 5+ years of experience in software engineering.
- Technical skills:
- A solid foundation in computer science, with strong competencies in Object-oriented design, algorithms, and software design
- Extensive knowledge of Java
- Extensive knowledge of the security aspects in software design and development
- Extensive knowledge in security technologies (PKI, TLS...)
- Knowledge of Windows, Unix (AIX, Solaris) and Linux operating systems
- Knowledge of relational database (Oracle)
- Knowledge of Java development frameworks (Apache Karaf, Apache Camel, Apache CXF...) or Middleware (IBM MQ, JBoss Fuse...) is a strong asset.
- Personal skills:
- Strong communication; fluent in English (both written and spoken)
- Quality oriented, meticulous, rigorous, disciplined
- Adaptability and responsiveness to change
- Proactive and autonomous
- Open to new ideas, innovative mindset, intellectual curiosity and self-motivated learner
- A team player, willing to work in a multicultural environment
Our headquarters in Belgium is located in the leafy suburb of La Hulpe on the outskirts of Brussels. There is a regular shuttle service between our Hq and the main railway/metro stations in Brussels. We offer a competitive salary and a generous range of benefits, including luncheon vouchers, sport center, on-site restaurants and insurances (Group, Accident, Hospitalisation and Europ Assistance).
Want to be part of our global family? Apply now!