Company & department description
Swift provides the platform, messaging, standards, and products & services to over 10.500 customers in 215 countries and territories.
Our employees are the foundation of this success.
Swift has an unique corporate mindset, where diversity, personal development and networking are actively encouraged. And we think you'll like our office culture, built around the way we work to achieve a healthier work/life balance.
If you want to be part of our dynamic, multi-cultural institution with over 2400 employees of 75 nationalities, in 26 offices worldwide, then explore the vast opportunities, rewards and internationally competitive packages that we are waiting for you here at Swift.
We are looking for highly motivated, dynamic and autonomous software developer, being ready to participate in the design and specification, development, testing, benchmarking and delivery of production software. As a software developer, you will be part of an Agile BizDevOps squad within the new Financial Crime Compliance (FCC) tribe which comprises more than 120 people. You will work within a cross-functional team comprising Developers, Business Analysts, Testers and Operations professionals on exciting products and services related to the Financial Crime Compliance portfolio.
- Design, develop, test and integrate new features, new components and improvements to existing product functionality
- Integrate third party components into solution
- Prepare and study the technical feasibility and estimates of the proposed systems solutions
- Assist with the preparation and analysis of requirements
- Ensure maintenance and creation of automated integration and regression tests
- Ensure production of complete technical documentation and operating procedures
- Bug fixing on maintenance releases, code review and testing
- Liaise with operational team; as part of a 'Center of Expertise', actively contribute to the investigation and resolution of production issues;
- Willing to join an on-call rotation scheme when appropriate
- Willing to evolve/grow in a DevOps environment
- University degree in Information Technology/Computer Science or equivalent discipline.
- 5+ years of experience in a similar position with at least 2 years in a Linux environment.
- The following essential skills are listed in order of importance:
- A solid foundation in computer science, with strong competencies in Object-oriented design, algorithms, and software design
- Development experience with multi-tier applications technologies and tools
- Extensive knowledge of Java and Java development frameworks: Spring, JPA, Log4j...
- Experience with Web Application server (JBoss, Tomcat...)
- Experience with automated testing techniques (Unit testing, Integration testing...)
- Experience with mindsets of both Agile and DevOps
- Change management and versioning tools such as GIT & BitBucket
- The following additional skills are an advantage:
- Experience with automated GUI testing is a strong asset
- Knowledge of requirement management tool e.g. Confluence, Jira is an asset
- Experience with Continuous Integration tools such as Jenkins and Continuous Deployment tools such Ansible is an asset
- Experience is Linux environment is a strong asset
- Experience in Shell scripting (KSH, Perl, AWK)
- Experience with Oracle relational database is an asset
- Supporting skills:
- Fluent in English (spoken and written)
- Team player
- Adaptability & responsiveness to change
- Quality mindset
Apply for this job online via the button below.