Company & department description
The Standards Technology team is looking to hire a motivated and skilled Senior Java developer. This role offers you the opportunity to apply your development skills to the new product "Swift Translator" in an IT environment using modern technologies and as well as Agile development approach.
Swift provides the platform, messaging, standards, and products & services to over 10.500 customers in 215 countries and territories.
Our employees are the foundation of this success.
Swift has an unique corporate mindset, where diversity, personal development and networking are actively encouraged. And we think you'll like our office culture, built around the way we work to achieve a healthier work/life balance.
If you want to be part of our dynamic, multi-cultural institution with over 2400 employees of 75 nationalities, in 26 offices worldwide, then explore the vast opportunities, rewards and internationally competitive packages that we are waiting for you here at Swift.
- As a Senior Developer/System Engineer, you will be part of a dynamic team of professionals using up-to-date technologies and applying Agile software developments practices. Under the guidance of a Team Leader, you will participate in building and/or evolving software components of medium to high complexity. Given the mission critical nature of our business, strong emphasis is placed on quality, security, availability, resiliency, scalability, performance, and system resources consumption. It is expected as well that suitable candidates adhere to the Agile development approach and will actively contribute to delivering highest quality software.
- You will work on the Swift Translator product and its integration with the MyStandards product line. Swift Translator is a new product that allows customers to define, validate and transform message formats. This Middleware is used amongst others within the Swift Integration portfolio (SIL, IPLA and AMH). Besides, the message formats created with Swift Translator can be uploaded on MyStandards and benefit from the MyStandards functional stack (browse, documentation generation, message validation,...).
Your responsibilities will be to:
- Design, develop, test, install and support programs/systems in line with agreed requirements.
- Support projects proposals on the basis of cost/benefit justification interfacing with stakeholders across functional and geographical lines.
- Prepare design, codes, tests, deliverables, acceptance criteria, time frames, etc...
- Provide technical assistance to other Swift colleagues and assist in resolving problems reported by less Senior team members.
- Prepare and study the technical feasibility and estimates of the proposed systems solutions.
- Education: University degree in Information Technology, or equivalent work experience.
- Experience: Minimum 7 years of relevant experience in software development.
- Essential knowledge:
- Knowledge on OO programming techniques and related design patterns
- Knowledge and hands on experience of Java development
- Knowledge and hands on experience of automated testing technologies (JUnit, Mockito, Cucumber,...)
- Knowledge of Unix OS (command and Shell scripting)
- Nice to have knowledge:
- Knowledge and hands on experience of software delivery processes (Agile, Scrum,...)
- Knowledge of Java UI technologies (swing,...)
- Knowledge of Database technologies (Oracle, SQL, PL/SQL)
- Knowledge of software development tools (ClearCase/GIT, IntelliJ, Jira, Jenkins, Maven, Docker ...)
- Knowledge of Message Standards technologies (parsing, validation, transformation,...)
- Knowledge of Financial Message Standards (FIN, ISO20022,...)
- Understanding of (Web) application security
- Knowledge of Camel or OSGI or Eclipse Modeling Framework is an asset
- Knowledge of Trace Transformer or MyStandards is an asset
- Pro-active team player
- Adaptability and responsiveness to change
- Take accountability for delivering results
- Strong communication skills (both written and oral)
- Planning and organising
- Strong analytical skill
- Quality orientation
- Team orientation
- Open communication
- Curiosity and eager to learn
- Fluency in English is a must.
Apply for this job online via the button below.