In a model where infrastructure is mainly sourced “as a service”, the network engineer holds operational accountability for:
- Operations for all services related to WAN, LAN & WiFi.
- Controlling the security compliancy of the Network infrastructure and software implemented by the suppliers
- Delivering Network projects
- Contributing to business projects relying on Network services following the standard Project Delivery Life cycle.
- Assessing the robustness and future proofness of new technologies proposed by suppliers.
- Network availability and capacity Management
- He/She supports all the other IT processes linked with Network services.
List of activities
To achieve his mission, the voice operations engineer is responsible for delivering the following activities:
- Perform proactive platform systems management
- Perform root-cause analysis and solve operational issues
- Design and build operational reports to provide an overview of service health
- Work with product vendors to troubleshoot issues
- Provide first-class system support from initial contact to closure
- Ability to be on call to provide onsite and remote L3 support after hours
- Conduct appropriate change control documentation and performs configuration updates, maintenance and support.
- Align with colleagues and helpdesk for all items touching existing procedures and there way of working.
- Researches, evaluates and stays current on emerging tools, techniques and technologies
- Follow department-specific standards and methodology.
- Adhere to department values, policies, procedures, and security/confidentiality
- Communicate status and concerns of projects with supervisor and all interested
- Take the lead in projects were network is the only technology or for all IT related items for smaller projects where no dedicated PM is assigned.
- Understanding of Network technologies and Telcos offers
- Basic voice knowledge
- Protocol knowledge like IPv4, SIP, QoS, VoIP, 802.1q, 802.1x, RTP, Knowledge of Scada protocols like OPC-Da, Iec61400-25 or 60870 are a plus
- Has installed and configured Cisco Catalyst, Nexus, ISE, Prime
- Ability to influence others with your stellar network engineering and operation skills
- Understanding of other Infrastructure components like proxy, Firewalls, DHCP/DNS, VPN, mail relay, loadbalancers, IPAM
- Understanding of public Cloud model and connectivity
- Comfortable in a multi-cultural environment.
- Ability to advise and interact with all levels of management
- Can resist to business pressure
- Organisational skills in order to manage and prioritise work and initiatives under deadlines. Handling smaller projects on your own
- Excellent communication (written and oral) and presentation skills
- Supportive driving source for your environment
- Strong influence and negotiation skills
- Stress resistant and demonstrate patience, tolerance and resilience
- Comfortable in Operating in a fast-changing environment as a change enabler to internal clients
- Ability to work creatively and analytically in a problem-solving environment, critical and constructive
- Customer Focus: Flexibility and ability to cope with non-standard working hours when required
- Business oriented - always acts by putting actions in perspective of targeted business results.
- Delivers results - Balances Immediate and Long-term Priorities- sense of urgency when needed.
- Excellent ability to manage multiple high priority efforts/ competing priorities and flexibility to adjust to changing requirements, schedules and priorities
The ideal candidate:
- has a bachelor's degree (preferably IT) or gained equivalent knowledge by relevant work experience
- has at least 5 years of work experience in IT Infrastructure & Voice Service Management.
- Able to work independently an organized
- You are Dutch and/or French-speaking and have a good knowledge of the second national language. You have a good knowledge of English.