Our customer is a major player in the utility market. This market is actually evolving from a commodity market to a service market where both digitalization and innovate services need to be elaborated. This makes our activity very challenging both on business and IT services.
IT INFRASTRUCTURE comes to its « end-of-life ». Instead of only targetting the replacement of the obsolete I.T infrastructure, a program aiming at implementing an ambitious, realistic, future proof Data Center Operating Model has been started in September 2017. The current phase of the program consisting transition and transformation to the new target environment. This involves the migration of all the legacy applications and the modernization of the SAP landscape.
The new target environment will be based on public and private Cloud and will be operated based on ITIL processes.
Considering the size and complexity of this program, our customer is looking for a dedicated PMO to set-up and maintain project governance and to support the Program Manager in successfull delivery.
The PMO Officer provides, as central point, information and guidance on standard Project Management practice and actively pursues the application of these standards within the project. He/she gathers, consolidates and prepares project information in order to support project management decisions and enabling effective and optimized project implementation.
In General PMO tasks include
- Financial administration:
- Monthly gathering of Actuals from different sources and merge into single view
- Create Etc together
- Maintain change log of financial risks and changes
- Management of Meetings:
- Take minutes of meetings
- Maintain Action Log and follow up of actions
- Agenda Mgmt : determine and create concept agenda's based upon open actions, risk & issues
- Schedule Management:
- Maintain MS Outlook functional mailbox & program calendar
- Schedule meetings at program level with executive members , service providers, either onsite meetings or online (via Skype)
- Risk Management : maintain Risk Log and follow up of mitigations and measures
- Scope Management maintain Scope change Log and follow up of mitigations and measures
- Issue Management : maintain Issue log based upon decisions taken in multiple meetings
- Decision Management : maintain decision log based upon decisions taken in multiple meetings
- Stakeholder Mgmt:
- Maintain communication matrix of the stakeholders
- Ensure communication is timely and correct for each stakeholder
- Align with IT Communication
- Facilitate communication events such as newsletters, broadcasts, Open House
- Time Management:
- Weekly validation if all resources have booked their timesheets
- Weekly update on Actuals based in project application Augeo
- SharePoint Management:
- Provide access to Teams sites and SharePoint sites (4)
- Maintain quality of all sites
- Publish all reporting onto Teams sites
- Publish all logs (risks, issues, scope, actions & decisions) onto Teams sites
- Project Gates: Prepare Gating documentation, together with PM's (3 Gates for each project (11))
- Create & publish weekly program dashboard
- Create & publish weekly executive dashboard
- Create & publish weekly Program Team Meeting Report
- Create & publish Monthly Steering Committee Report (2 different versions)
- Create & publish Monthly IT Subcommittee Report
- Deliverables / Product Breakdown Structure: Maintain weekly progress of PBs in XLS through # completed Products
- Project Management :
- Maintain weekly progress of Masterplan Gantt in MS Project through % completion per task
- Create & publish weekly project plan progress dashboard (part of reporting above)
- In general :
- Capture, collect and consolidate project data to ensure correct and complete reporting.
- Ensuring data quality, -consistency and coherence by performing checks. Actively pursuing complete and correct data input (e.g. Timesheet reporting, KPI input,...). Define actions to structurally optimize.
- Turning data into information by performing data-analysis (variance, Ytd, evolution in time, root-cause,...). Provide pro-active and comprehensive root-cause analysis.
- Prepares messages and attention points to Project Manager: flags significant evolution, raises questions, figure data, pinpoints specific findings, escalates where needed.
- Provide input and prepare presentation material and reports based upon central data (IT, STP, IT MC). Provides input for IT communication within the company. Prepare and support key project meetings (central PMO report, SteerCo).
- Actively promotes, supports and ensures project governance and project management practice defined.
- Centralize management reporting by intelligent and efficient re-use of data sources and tools and development of standard reports or data sources to Project Managers, stakeholders and SteerCo members. Align with central PMO on standard guidelines, practices and reporting.
- Act in line with governance defined, checks and ensures or enforces processes defined (e.g. Gate approvals, documents required, budget increases,...)
- Supports Project Managers and main data providers, explaining the processes, tools and practices in place.
- Analyze lessons learned in CRM B2B delivery and propose improvement actions with the team.
In Detail PMO tasks include
- Weekly cost control by:
- Extracting data from Portfolio Dashboard
- Providing financial follow-up, remarks and issues alerts to PM's
- Addressing actuals, Etc's, budget follow-up, resources overload and daily rates
- Coordinate with PM's Etc's and workload planning
- Deliver Demand, Project and Portfolio Management support:
- Set-up of Augeo with WBS structure, assignments and Etc's for new phased based on input PM
- Maintaining Augeo with up-to-date Etc information and assignments based on input of PM
- Maintaining Portfolio dashboard up-to-date based on input PM
- Manage/ Maintain the project directory
- Assistance of PM:
- Providing cost control to PM as input for CRM B2B SteerCo, and projects SteerCo's
- Burn-rate follow-up
- Providing project information for various reporting at request to PM or to other requestors ordered by/ aligned by PM
- Preq preparation, Prq/PO follow-up
- Participation to CRM B2B SteerCo's and preparation of the Minutes of the meeting
- Providing information to BRM regarding the IT roadmap (burn rate & Etc's)
- Providing to STP financial information needed for the year-end close
- Subcontractors Time and Means follow-up and invoicing control
- Ipode Edf Reporting (every 3 months):
- Preparation of the data
- Align with PM
- Handover to STP for input in Ipode
- Calculation of Business Case (costs & benefits) when required
- Follow-up of deliverable log:
- Quality control versioning
- Change history
- Change log management
- Strong analysis skills, eager and driven to deliver quality
- Proven experience in planning and reporting
- Proven experience in project/ PMO environment
- Good organized, able to multi-task
- Correct communicator, able to interact with different levels in the organization
- Correct and integer
- Able to advise and convince people without hierarchical relation by empowerment
- Independent, able to follow up his/her own tasks, self-starter
- PMBOK & Prince 2
- Strong knowledge in Office tools
- Proficient in English verbal & written, able to understand French and Dutch
- University degree in exact sciences or has gained equivalent knowledge by relevant work experience
- Analysis background, on quantitative data
- Able to translate findings into comprehensive and clear messages at management level
- General knowledge of IT
- Understanding of/ Affinity with Finance type of figures