- As a Java developer you take responsibility for the development and continuous improvement of applications. You work closely with your Scrum team members working within a challenging technical landscape.
- Working in an Agile environment allows you to demonstrate and further develop your skills and deliver great value for your business domain.
- Using your technical expertise you assess the feasibility of the proposed functional analysis made. Where needed you advice and recommend technical solutions.
- Based on the analysis you develop specific functionalities using the different development tools at your disposal. Java development is your main expertise but you expand your scope to other technologies such as Microsoft Azure, Dynamics 365, Spring, MongoDB , and many more.
- You are responsible for general development practices, such as: Object-Oriented principles, Agile development, Project-based development & Test-driven development.
- You integrate software packages, programs and microservices from multiple platforms. You develop unit tests before implementing these into production.
- You take responsibility and solve incidents and problems within your domain, whenever they occur and are continuously on the lookout for improvements of applications and processes.
- You have a thorough knowledge of and experience with Java development (J2SE, basic J2EE and especially Spring), acquired through studies (e.g. Bachelor ICT) and/or experience
- You have knowledge of Cloud based development, Docker, Kubernetes, ... Knowledge of Microsoft Azure and Google Cloud Platform as a strong asset.
- You have experience with test driven development, CI/CD environments, Jenkins, ... and you know what a unit tests looks like and how to write one.
- You have experience with Linux/Unix and with open-source databases (PostgreSQL), Mongo DB, ... ...
- You have a strong analytical mind and work in an accurate, methodical and systematic fashion.
- You are a team player, are customer-oriented and communicate in a fluent way.
- You have a flexible attitude and are able to work within a dynamic team.
- You have a good (spoken) knowledge of English.
- You are eager to learn and willing to acquire the necessary knowledge through self-teaching.
- An exciting position in an international company with a family atmosphere where people are at the centre.
- You are part of a dynamic team, where initiative and entrepreneurship are valued.
- You arrive in an innovative, progressive and technical environment.
- Numerous opportunities for personal development, among other things through permanent guidance and professional (internal/external) training courses.
- A flexible work arrangement with attention for a good balance between work and private life.
- An attractive salary package with extra legal benefits such as group and hospitalization insurance, luncheon vouchers, corporate restaurant ...