V-IT is looking for a Medior/Senior Linux System Administrator, Dublin!
- Our client will deliver application hosting services to Ireland for +/- 350 servers :
- Irish servers will be hosted in the Ce DC (Central European Data Center in Budapest) on a new Hpc (Hybrid Private Cloud) platform (IAAS)
- Reusing proved Group concepts like Stacs (Standard Application support Component for Server software) (PaaS) and existing backend frameworks and systems, and offering the full services of Group Technical Application Management
- Ireland focusing on the functional application management and supporting their Business.
Key Duties & Responsibilities
- Installing, configuring, supporting and maintaining servers and infrastructure, planning for and responding to various performance issues such as service outages, system-related projects, user administration, managing security, and other duties as they arise
- Ensure adherence to procedures and processes for Hardware, software, and applications
- Interact with multiple business & development units in deployment of new Hardware.
- Participate in projects, working closely with various IT functions
- Develop, modify, maintain, improve, and troubleshoot existing systems
- Analyze and sustain capacity and performance requirements
- Analyze, consolidate, tune and monitor systems and platforms for availability
- Oversees backup, clustering, mirroring, replication and failover
- Perform Hardware and data recovery
- Work with business clients / development to evaluate, streamline, and improve current systems, processes, and workflow
- Develop (business case) documentation
- Analyse and resolve operating systems and applications issues on various systems
- Develop diagnostic tools to allow Systems Administrators to support products when they are put into production
- Ability to communicate clearly, constructively and concisely to peers and end-users
- 24x7 Operational Support of production, 9x5 Operations Support of Development/Acceptance, on-call after hours support
Knowledge, Education & Experience
- The successful candidate will typically have up to 3 à 5 years' experience within a similar environment as described below
- Relevant third level qualification or professional equivalent
- Experience in Window / Linux Operational Support in a medium to large environment performing installation, configuration, and troubleshooting duties
- Knowledge of RedHat, system administration troubleshooting; boot from SAN, trouble shooting and root cause analysis skills, disaster Recovery
- Good knowledge of SAN architecture, multipathing, Wwns, iSCSI
- Good knowledge of external Disk Arrays, Raid levels, NFS
- Good knowledge of blade and blade enclosure systems
- Experience in scripting for automation: Windows Powershell, Perl, Bash
- Good Knowledge of networking fundamentals: TCP/IP, file transfer, DNS, Vlan, and secure protocols, networking/distributed computing environment concepts; basic routing concepts
- Familiar with most aspects of systems/software administration, such as: system installation and configuration, security levels and permissions, installation of third-party software, backup systems, etc.
- Knowledge of Jbpm
- Oracle knowledge
- Dell / HP Hardware knowledge
- Interpersonal, written and verbal communications skills
- Strong troubleshooting, analytical and problem solving skills and be able to work independently
- Process Oriented, understanding ITSM/ITIL processes
- Essential Skills & Abilities:
- Strong communication skills with an ability to deal with all levels in a confident and professional manner
- Strong Customer centric focus
- Must have a very flexible approach to work and be confident working in a fast moving, exciting environment.
- Be a proactive team player who is motivated by achieving targets
- Excellent attention to detail required
- Role mostly needed for Temenos implementation. Temenos knowledge required
- Extensive experience in Linux Operational Support in a medium to large environment performing
- In depth knowledge of RedHat, system administration troubleshooting; Boot from SAN, Trouble shooting and root cause analysis skills, Disaster Recovery.
- Ability to develop automation process using scripting languages such as Csh, Bash, Perl & Python
- Clustering on RedHat
- RedHat 6+ Linux experience
- RedHat JBoss BPM knowledge
- Work location: DUBLIN!
- Start date: ASAP
- Duration: 31-12-2018