As a Senior Release Coordinator you will be working within the Corporate Release Management Organization and facilitate in a practical way the delivery by projects of IT application enhancements within the Release Model.
Roles & Responsibilities
- As a Release Coordinator you will deliver value to the organization by engaging IT delivery within projects and releases. You will assist the Corporate Release Manager and the Project Managers in delivering within time and quality.
- Whilst keeping a role within the Release process, the Release Coordinator will take on the release related activities and deliverables within each project assigned to him.
- He / She acts as enabler for those projects on their road to delivery in line with the Quality Standards embedded in the Release Management process.
- Release Planning:
- Ensures that projects adhere to a feasible planning within a release model that allows their phased delivery approach (Dtap).
- Maintains & Mitigates on the Release Risk log for each project
- Facilitates release planning meetings with key stakeholders to identify proper sequencing of release packages. Ensures that issues and risks are identified, understood, and dealt with in a manner that mitigates risk to scope and schedule.
- Defines and documents in collaboration with the project teams the release recommendation for each release and/or change to production. Includes release scope, schedule, deliverables, and roll back / forward plan. Reviews release recommendation with key stakeholders.
- Oversees release decisions and processes in terms of the big picture/cross-departmental impacts.
- Maintains release management schedule for specific (or assigned) projects.
- Ensures all changes for a release are documented in release notes which are published to both the internal team and the client.
- Attends change & release management meetings such as Release Forum and deployment planning meetings to collect data and information pertaining to the release.
- Release Management:
- Pursues Project compliance with release acceptance criteria and Quality Gates.
- Coordinates and schedules key changes to production activities. This includes the tracking of all impacted elements with team leads as the project moves through testing regions into production.
- Supports release execution by monitoring of each phase of the release. Validates the release as IT progresses thru various quality gates and phases, alerts appropriate corporate release management of any errors or issues that need to be addressed.
- Provides release coordination and communication before, during and after deployment.
- Facilitates emergency releases from production incident identification to incident closure after release.
- Verifies and facilitates customer acceptance/signoff on deliverables.
- Test & Environment Coordination:
- Strictly manages timing and coordination of test runs with competing projects and stakeholders sharing Test, Acceptance and Pre-production environments.
- Assists in the day to day management of non-production environment usage, configuration, maintenance and scheduling of the different test environments for each release.
- Release Standards and Processes:
- Works directly with the Corporate Release Manager to assure the feasibility of the Release Model and the adjacent process.
- Identifies opportunities to make tactical improvements to the Release Model.
- Maintains documentation in line with the processes in place.
- Provides input towards release standards and policies.
- Educates (external) stakeholders on the release methodology and strategy.
- Collects feedback from the stakeholders on release management standards
- Within the projects in scope he / she integrates the release activities with other IT processes including Itsm and Waterfall/Agile processes ensuring End-To-End delivery.
- Proven competences on Release Management & Coordination
- Knowledge of version control and Application Life Cycle Management
- Knowledge about Iso20k: Change & Release Mgmt
- Knowledge on Scrum and Agile practices
- Knowledge on Testing practices
- Extensive knowledge of project management techniques
- Experienced in defining release plans, risk logging & mitigation, testing practices,...
- Experience with Bugzilla & Jira or other major vendor tools
- Itil® / Iso20k Certification is a plus
- Background in IT Operations and / or Development
- You have +7 years of experience within a medium to large IT organization of which at least 3 years within release management / coordination practices.
- Good written and oral communication skills (Nl / Fr).