Overall role purpose
- The Windows Server Engineer is part of the Windows Server/VMware department, which is itself a department within IT.
- The Windows Server/VMware department provides design, monitoring, operation and implementation of Windows backend and vSphere based services. Ensuring optimum availability, disaster recovery, security and performance of the infrastructure within a global scope.
- Guarantee the seamless availability of our infrastructure portfolio in a complex and dynamic environment. Providing and supporting services on a global scale, while adhering to technical standards and strict company security guidelines.
Execute specialized tasks involved in designing, installing and maintaining Windows & VMware servers located at the clients main Data Centers. This in order to provide global customers a fully operational environment for the hosted business applications at the highest availability rate, featuring the best cost/benefit ratio with minimum.
- Note: The design element is particularly crucial to this project, someone who has recent experience in designing infrastructure related to the Microsoft Windows services
- Design and control the implementation of Windows & VMware backend services to ensure that business requirements can be met throughout the short and longer term.
- Document all implementation processes & administration tasks.
- Thorough knowledge of Windows Server, Windows Failover Clustering and their related environments.
- Thorough knowledge of Active Directory.
- Excellent experience in 3rd line support engineering
- Awareness of security standards.
- Min. 5 years' of Infra IT experience.
- You have good communication and planning skills
- You are fluent in English (spoken and written)
- Start Date: Immediate
- Location: Brussels
- Rate: Negotiable, depending on experience with Clustering and high level design on 3rd line engineering
If you are interested, interviews can be scheduled immediately.