Volt - right job, right time, right now
Volt provides award-winning contract and permanent recruitment services, and managed service programmes. We have grown our services to provide innovative staffing solutions across a range of industries and skill areas, including IT & Telecoms, Digital Entertainment, Engineering, Finance and Life Sciences.
Our vision is simple: connecting talented people and respected companies across Europe.
Volt Europe - Bid Officer
Our client, leader in the telecommunications sector is looking for a Bid Officer for a long-term project based in Brussels.
The Bid manager analyses an application from the customer for the delivery of services and / or materials within the framework of ICT support services and delivers a qualitatively priced quotation for the execution thereof within the agreed term. It is also important that this person is also capable of communicating the expectations to the customer.
He / she analyses the (user / departmental) needs in such a way that a clear scope assessment and planning can be made, of course in collaboration with architects / specialists in the field of networks, Workplace Services and Cloud Services.
In consultation with the customer and internal competence centres, he / she collects both the technical and business input required to formulate a recommended solution. The quotation manager is the single point of contact between the internal and external suppliers and the customer. He / she cooperates internally in order to realize the tender. (eg price quotations, delivery times and sales conditions).
He / she tests the recommended solution for the requirements and possibilities within the organization and coordinates between the various competence centres in such a way that an end-to-end solution is obtained that is in line with the expectations of the customer. (eg discussing possible solutions and alternatives with the customer).
When drawing up a quotation, use is made of a quotation template and underlying cost model. Before the order can be submitted to the customer, the quotation manager ensures that the quotation is validated both technically and financially through an internal approval process.
During the entire duration of the preparation of the tender, the commercial, financial and SLA aspects (= working under time pressure) monitored.
Job description Bid manager (short)
- Maintaining contact with the customer, interpreting the customer's request and coordinating the tender's scope with the customer.
- The estimates and the technical solutions are coordinated in consultation with the technical colleagues (competence centres)
- Based on the feedback from the customer and the technicians, the quotation is written out with a detailed cost description and project planning
- The existing processes for the preparation and validation of quotations are carefully followed
- Be able to work independently within the quotation team
- Communication: smooth communication with the customer, setting up and sending meetings or conference calls with the customer, with the competence centres or third parties to establish a correct scope and to work out technical solutions
- Technical tasks: basic knowledge in network, security and server solutions in necessary. a broad conceptual technical knowledge of ICT in general is desirable. Have sufficient knowledge of this to make the translations between customer and competence centres and vice versa
- Administration: administrative correctness and punctuality is required to follow up the quotation administratively in various systems
- Stress resistance: being able to deliver a correct quotation under time pressure or pressure from the customer
- Thorough knowledge of MS Office applications: Word, Excel, knowledge of CRM like Salesforce is a plus but not necessary
- Languages: Dutch: well spoken and written, (English desirable for internal collaboration) Must be able to summarize documents from English texts that are supplied by technical teams or third parties for example)
- Experience with ICT in public companies or large structured environments is recommended (banking sector, utilities, government are ideal initial experiences)